Houston Car Accident Lawyer
Have you been injured or lost someone you love in an auto accident due to someone else’s negligence? You may be able to recover damages. Speak with a Houston car accident lawyer at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers by calling (713) 224-4878.
Our attorneys will help you fight to get all of the money you need and deserve. We have more than 45 years of combined experience fighting on behalf of car accident victims just like you.
Let us put our vast financial resources, winning track record, and experience to work for you. Whether you are recovering from your injuries or just got hit in Houston, contact our law office today to get a free consultation.
How Will Attorney Brian White & Associates, P.C. Help You After a Car Crash in Houston, TX?
Hiring a traffic injury lawyer with extensive experience handling car accident claims like yours can make a world of difference – both for your physical and financial recoveries.
Here’s why you should call a Houston auto accident attorney at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers for assistance with your case:
- Handle all aspects of your personal injury case from start to finish, while keeping you in the loop at all times
- Launch a detailed investigation into the circumstances leading up to and surrounding your Houston car accident
- Consult with leading experts in Texas
- Determine causation, fault, and liability, and then using that information to hold at-fault parties accountable for your injuries
- Step in to defend you if and when insurance companies attempt to blame you for getting hurt
- Negotiate with insurance companies and work to secure financial recovery on your behalf.
To get started, give our Houston personal injury lawyers call to arrange a free initial case evaluation. Our team is always standing by to take your call – 24/7/365.
Houston, TX Car Accident Statistics
As the fourth largest city in the United States, Houston is not just one of the busiest cities in the state of Texas, but also the nation. This means that Houston’s roads are congested. According to one study, Houston traffic ranks as the worst in all of the state of Texas, 13th nationally, and 77th globally.
That’s based on time wasted in traffic and overall congestion. So, it’s probably no surprise that car accidents are fairly common in and around Houston. Despite efforts to keep Houston’s roads safe, accidents have only happened with more frequency in recent years.
Total Car Crashes in Houston
As you can see, the total number of car accidents has risen considerably over the past few years:
- 2014: 59,981
- 2015: 66,193
- 2016: 66,664
- 2017: 64,720
- 2018: 64,126
- 2019: 68,682
The total number of collisions in Houston, Texas has increased by approximately 7% since 2014. That equates to about 10 additional car accidents in the city every single day.
Car Accidents in Houston with Injury
While some accidents near you in Houston are minor fender benders where no one gets hurt, many are not. Every year, tens of thousands of people are injured in auto collisions in the city. In 2014, there were a total of 45,223 injuries classified as either serious, non-incapacitating, or unknown. By 2018, 48,155 car accident victims were classified with injuries falling into those categories. That’s about a 6.5% increase in traffic injury causing crashes in just a few short years.
Fatal Car Accidents in Houston
While the total number of crashes and injuries has gone up over the past few years, the number of fatal car accidents in Houston has actually declined.
- 2014: 214 fatal crashes resulting in 227 deaths
- 2015: 192 fatal crashes resulting in 204 deaths
- 2016: 237 fatal crashes resulting in 245 deaths
- 2017: 228 fatal crashes resulting in 245 deaths
- 2018: 189 fatal crashes resulting in 197 deaths
- 2019: 240 fatal crashes results in 253 deaths
However, just because fatal accidents have declined doesn’t mean that things are great. Houston is still one of the most dangerous cities for drivers in the nation. One study suggests that drivers and pedestrians in Houston are 40% more likely to die than those in Los Angeles. In 2018, there were between 16 and 17 car accident fatalities in the city every month. That’s more than one death every other day.
What Damages are Available After a Car Accident in Harris County, TX?
When you’re involved in a car accident in Houston, you’ll likely experience costs as a result. Those costs might be physical, emotional, and/or financial. You shouldn’t have to deal with these consequences on your own. You can potentially demand compensation – or compensatory damages – from anyone who contributed to your crash.
This can include money for:
- Medical expenses, including hospitalization, surgery (corrective and cosmetic), medication, medical equipment, and devices), and other related costs
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- The cost of replacing or repairing property damaged in the crash
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Temporary and/or permanent disability
- Property damage
- Disfigurement and scarring, and more.
Houston accident attorney Brian White will work closely with medical professionals, vocational rehabilitation specialists, mental health authorities, and other experts to make sure that we are able to identify your damages and value them accurately.
As part of the valuation process, we want to ensure that we not only determine what your accident costs you today, but how the crash and your injuries will affect you for years to come.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer Near Me in Houston?
At Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, our car accident lawyers in Houston work on a contingency basis.
This means that:
- There is no upfront cost to hire our personal injury attorneys to handle your case
- Our law firm will assume all of the risks and take care of all of your case-related costs, and
- We only get paid if we successfully recover a financial award or settlement on your behalf.
You don’t have to worry about paying us from your own pocket, either. Our Houston accident claim attorneys will simply receive a pre-agreed-upon percentage of your financial recovery. It’s that simple.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Houston?
In Texas, the statute of limitations that applies to most personal injury lawsuits is two years. So, you will generally have a maximum of two years to file a civil claim. The clock will begin to run when you get hurt or discover your injuries, whichever is later.
There are certain times when the statute of limitations could be accelerated or extended. However, those are the exceptions, rather than the rule. If you miss the deadline for filing a car accident claim, you’ll be barred from getting any money, at all. The best course of action is to call a Houston car accident lawyer for help as soon as you can after your accident.
What are the Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Houston, TX?
Every year, thousands of motorists are injured – and hundreds more are killed – at intersections in Houston. Some intersections and crossroads in Houston are more dangerous than others. Studies of Houston crash data have revealed that car accidents tend to happen most frequently at the following intersections:
- Gessner Road & Long Point Road
- W Bellfort Ave & Fondren Road
- Bissonnet Street & Wilcrest Drive
- Shepherd & Allen Pkwy & Kirby Drive
- Taylor Street & Spring Street & MKT Trail
- Hawthorne Street & Spur 527 & Holman Street
- Fannin Street & Pierce Street
- Bellaire Blvd & Ranchester Drive
- West Street & Airline Drive
- Bellaire Blvd & S Gessner Road
- Nicholson Street & W 11th Street, and
- Patterson Street & Washington Avenue.
Other roads that are known as hot spots for accidents in Houston include Westheimer Road, S Dairy Ashford Rd, FM 1960, the Cullen Boulevard pedestrian crossing, and Louetta Road.
Car accidents on these roads and at these intersections, in particular, have prompted the city to announce plans for a Vision Zero initiative. Like many other cities across the county, Houston will invest time and resources into making its roads safer, with the ultimate aim to eliminate all traffic accident deaths by 2030.
Can you guarantee that you won’t get into an accident by avoiding these roads and intersections? No. However, you can perhaps reduce the likelihood of a collision as you use different roads or navigate these crossroads with additional caution.
Common Types of Car Accidents in Houston
There are many reasons why car accidents occur on Houston roads.
Because no two accidents are the same, our team will carefully investigate your accident to make sure we understand the particular factors involving your situation.
Our law firm represents clients who have suffered injuries in all types of auto accidents, including:
- Head-on collisions
- Hit and run accidents
- Side-swipes and T-Bones
- Rear-end collisions
- Uber accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Collisions with a truck
- Highway accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists
Call our Houston accident attorneys to discuss your case today. We can explain your rights and help you understand what legal options might be available to you.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Texas
There are thousands of car accidents in Houston every year. However, no two crashes are the same. They happen for different reasons. They happen under different conditions. They involve different types of vehicles.
Ultimately, all of these things will impact the right and ability of crash victims to recover compensation. At Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys have decades of combined experience handling the most complicated and challenging car accident cases. A Houston car accident lawyer at our firm can represent you if you have been injured as a result of:
Every day, 30 people across the United States are killed in drunk driving accidents. Thousands more sustain severe and debilitating injuries. Sadly, drunk driving is quite common in Houston. In 2018, there were a total of 1,908 drunk driving car accidents in the city. Of those, there were 49 fatal crashes and 53 fatalities. That’s an average of 4 fatal drunk driving accidents in Houston every single month.
Distracted driving contributes to thousands of car accidents in Harris County and Houston every year. In fact, in 2018, there were more than 12,000 distracted driving accidents in the area. Distracted driving accidents are almost entirely avoidable, yet claim more than a dozen lives and change thousands more every year.
Alcohol isn’t the only thing that’s not safe to consume before you drive. Drugs – including prescription pharmaceuticals and illicit substances – can also significantly alter a driver’s state of mind and ability to navigate safely. Every year, there are more than 3,000 drug-related car accidents in Texas.
Whether it’s because they’re trying to make up for lost time spent sitting in traffic or are just in a rush, it happens every day. Speeding drivers also cause a lot of accidents here.
In 2018, speed was a factor in more than 1,500 auto accidents across Harris County.
Texting and Driving
When you text, you typically look down at your phone for at least 5 seconds. That’s true whether you’re reading or typing. However, you only have to be distracted for three seconds for a car accident to happen. So, needless to say, texting and driving is quite dangerous. It’s also the cause of way too many accidents in Texas. In fact, there are between two and three accidents every day caused by drivers who are texting.
Common Types of Houston Car Accident Injuries
A Houston car accident lawyer at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers represents all car accident victims in Houston, including those who suffer:
- Head Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Chest Injuries
- Abdominal Injuries
- Leg and Knee Injuries
- Hand and Foot Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Facial Disfigurement
- Internal Injuries
- Wrongful Death
Car accident injuries might be minor or catastrophic. Some motor vehicle accident victims will suffer from several different injuries from all over the spectrum. Some injuries will heal in a matter of days, others will last a lifetime.
However, it doesn’t matter if your injuries are mild or severe. If someone else caused you to get hurt, you could potentially recover a financial award by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
What If I Was Partly At-Fault for My Houston Car Accident?
First of all, don’t panic. You don’t want to rush to judgment. You only saw the car accident from your limited perspective. There may have been other factors that contributed to the collision that you don’t know about. How could you?
Knowing why an accident happened and who is to blame can only be discovered through a thorough investigation. So, do not admit fault after a crash to the other party or an insurance company. Don’t apologize or say anything that could be used to attribute fault to you. Make sure that everyone is okay and call a car accident lawyer. At Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys will make sure that your accident is scrutinized from every possible angle.
We’ll work diligently to determine all possible causes. Even if you are to blame, you might not be entirely at fault. Others might share responsibility, too. If they are, we’ll do everything we can to prove it. Texas has modified comparative negligence laws.
This means that you can potentially recover compensation from anyone who contributes to an accident as long as you aren’t more than 50% responsible. If you are allocated any blame, your damages will be reduced to reflect that. So, we’ll fight to downplay your role in the collision and minimize the percentage of fault that’s allocated to you. The less fault that’s ultimately attributed to you, the money you can potentially walk away with at the end of the day.
What if the Other Driver in my Houston Auto Accident Had No Insurance?
It’s estimated that more than 14% of drivers in Texas are uninsured. Many more might be underinsured, which means that they have insurance, but not enough to satisfy minimums set by state law.
What happens when you get into a car accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver? You’re not out of options. However, getting money can become more involved. Our attorneys will analyze your personal injury claim from every angle and determine all potential avenues for recovering the money you need.
- Your personal insurance coverage, especially if you opted to add uninsured motorist coverage (UM) to your policy
- Seeking workers’ compensation benefits if you were hurt in a work-related crash
- Filing a lawsuit against other parties who contributed to your injuries, even slightly
- Filing a lawsuit directly against the at-fault party
Keep in mind, however, that if a driver is uninsured, they might not have the financial resources to pay you, even if you win your case. For that reason, it often helps to look for other at-fault parties, especially ones with deeper pockets and an ability to pay.
Steps to Take After a Houston Auto Accident Near You
The decisions you make and the things you do after a car accident can have a huge impact if you ultimately decide to file an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Whether or not you decide to hire a car accident lawyer near you, there are several things you can do to make the aftermath of your accident a lot smoother. Here’s what you need to know.
- Make sure everyone is okay
- Contact the authorities
- Stop and exchange information
- Speak to witnesses
- Take pictures and document the crash
- Request a copy of the police report
- Go to the emergency room and seek medical treatment
- Call a car accident lawyer
Don’t think you have to handle everything on your own. In fact, you shouldn’t handle everything on your own. You need time to come to terms with what happened and focus on getting better. Let an experienced car accident attorney in Houston handle your injury claim. Do not accept a settlement offer from an insurance company without first speaking to a lawyer. By calling Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, you can give yourself the opportunity to recover while resting assured that your case is in excellent hands.
Our Houston Car Accident Attorneys Are Available For a Free Consultation
Car accidents can be scary. They can be overwhelming. You shouldn’t have to navigate the aftermath of a crash on your own. Call Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers to find out how our Houston car accident lawyers might be able to help. With more than 45 years of experience combined, our team will do whatever we can to secure the compensation you need and deserve. Contact our Houston office today to arrange a free case assessment and learn more.
Highly Rated Houston Auto Repair Shops
- RMS Auto Care – RMS Auto Care, 1759 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77098
- E and E Automotive Services – 1854 W Alabama St, Houston, TX 77098
- Midtown Auto Car – 2519 Wroxton Rd, Houston, TX 77005
- Reisu Motor Sports – 2040 Marshall St. Houston, TX 77098, Shepherd Dr, Houston, TX 77091
- AA Auto Care & Tire – 2101 S Shepherd Dr, Houston, TX 77019
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Houston Car Accident Lawyer Review
Read more of our testimonials.
Blogs for Car Accidents in Houston
- Can I Be Compensated For Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident?
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages After a Car Accident?
- Car Accident Frequently Asked Questions
- Herniated Disc C4/C5 and C5/C6 Injuries
- How Do Car Accident Settlements Work in Houston?
- How to Obtain a Car Accident Report in Houston
- How Long After a Car Accident Can You Claim Compensation for Your Injuries in Houston, TX?
- Rear-End Collisions: Causation, Physics & Injuries
- Three-Car Accident: Who Pays?
- What Happens If I Get into a Car Accident While Pregnant?
- What is the Car Accident Claim Process Like in Houston?
- 4 Mistakes to Avoid When Hiring a Lawyer for Your Houston Car Accident Case
- 10 Factors That Determine How Much to Expect From a Houston Car Accident Settlement
Houston Car Accident Resources
- Texas Car Accident Report Records
- Texas Laws Regarding Car Accidents
- Houston, TX Daily Car Accident Info