Houston Slip and Fall Lawyer
Have you suffered serious injuries in a slip and fall accident? Did you fall while you were on someone else’s property? Call the experienced Houston slip and fall lawyers at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers at (713) 500-5000.
We can help you fight to hold a negligent property owner accountable for your slip and fall accident and get the money you deserve. Contact our Houston law office to arrange a free initial case evaluation to learn more. We’re always here to take your call.
How Will Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers Help After a Slip and Fall Accident in Houston?
If you’ve been injured in a Houston slip and fall accident, our personal injury lawyers are prepared to fight for you. We take a detailed approach to every case we handle. We invest whatever time, manpower, and resources are necessary to get the best possible results for our clients.
So, when you call us for help, you can expect us to:
- Listen closely to your side of the story so that we can really appreciate what happened and begin to form a foundation for our investigation
- Launch an exhaustive investigation into your slip and fall accident to gather evidence that’s relevant and beneficial to your claim
- Review pertinent evidence, including photographs, surveillance footage, and accident reports
- Find and interview witnesses
- Handle all negotiations with the property owner and their insurance provider, and
- Work with experts as we establish what your slip and fall case is likely worth.
Our slip and fall attorneys near you are known for being passionate and tenacious trial lawyers. Insurance companies know that we get results, so they’ll want to avoid going up against us in front of a jury. That, alone, can help you secure a substantial and life-changing settlement.
However, if insurers don’t budge, you can rest assured that we’ll be more than ready to take your case to court. It’s important to get started on your case as soon as possible. So, don’t delay in contacting our Houston law firm for immediate assistance.
We Handle All Slip and Fall Accident Cases in Houston
Houston slips and falls can happen anywhere near you. When you happen to fall on someone else’s property, you can potentially hold the owner accountable. At Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent clients who have suffered injuries after slip and fall accidents at:
- Big box stores, including Target, Walmart, and Lowes
- Grocery stores
- Nursing homes
- Government buildings
- Shopping malls, and more.
Slip and fall accidents near Houston don’t have to happen inside. If you’ve fallen on a sidewalk or in a parking lot, our attorneys can help you pursue a monetary award. Simply give us a call or connect with us online to learn more.
Common Causes of Trips, Slips, and Falls
Slips, trips, and falls near you in Houston can – and do – happen for a lot of different reasons. There are some factors that tend to contribute to these types of accidents more than others.
- Uneven floors
- Puddles or slippery floor surfaces
- Broken or missing stair treads
- Unsecured carpets or rugs
- Loose electrical wires
- Missing or unsecured railings
- Debris or garbage
- Poor lighting, and
- A buildup of water, rain, or ice.
Many of these things are hard to see, even if you’re being careful and watching where you’re going. So, it’s really up to the owner to make sure that these types of dangerous conditions don’t exist. These issues also make Houston slip and fall cases challenging. When they fail to do that, you might be able to hold them financially accountable for the consequences.
Houston Slip and Fall Accidents Can Cause Severe Injuries
When you trip, slip, or fall, you could just suffer a few bumps and bruises. However, many falls are much more serious than that. Many fall injuries change the course of a victim’s life forever.
Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers has helped clients who, after being involved in a slip and fall accident, sustained:
- Broken bones
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Traumatic amputation, and more.
Falls can also be fatal. Many times, it’s victims who are elderly or suffer from underlying health conditions who don’t survive Houston slips and falls.
If you’ve lost a loved one in a fatal slip and fall accident in nearby Houston, our compassionate legal team can help you pursue compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit. Give a Houston wrongful death lawyer at our firm a call today to learn more.
Who Is Responsible For Houston Slip and Fall Accidents?
Under Texas state law, anyone who contributes to a slip and fall accident can be financially responsible for the consequences.
If you’ve slipped and fallen on someone else’s property in Houston, you may have a legitimate legal claim against:
- The property owner
- The business owner
- The manager or landlord
- A product manufacturer
- Other guests on the premises who acted negligently
Our Houston attorneys near you will carefully consider the circumstances of your slip and fall accident from all angles. Taking a thorough and detailed approach in this investigation will help to ensure that we really understand why you fell and, in turn, who might be to blame. With this information, we can move forward and pursue compensation form all liable parties.
Property Owners in Texas Have a Responsibility to Keep You Safe
When you go to the store, enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or visit a family member at a nursing home, you should feel safe. You shouldn’t have to be overly concerned about watching your step and identifying potential tripping hazards. That’s because, in Texas, owners have a responsibility to maintain their premises. If not, they can be held liable via a premises liability claim.
The lengths to which an owner has to go to keep the premises safe depends on the situation.
When a business or property is open to the general public or if you’re invited somewhere for a business purpose, the owner has to regularly inspect the premises for potential dangers. If a hazard is identified, it has to be fixed. If it can’t be fixed right away, you have the right to be warned.
When you visit somewhere for a social purpose – such as a friend or a nearby family members’ house – the owner doesn’t have to go to such great lengths to keep you safe. Rather, they simply have to fix problems when they arise and warn you if there’s danger. There’s no obligation to inspect the premises with a fine-tooth comb.
When an owner fails to take the steps that are necessary to keep you safe under the law, they can be considered negligent if you get hurt.
Damages Available to Houston Slip and Fall Accident Victims
The costs of a slip and fall can be overwhelming. Physical injuries can be painful. You might need considerable medical treatment and care to get back on your feet. The emotional trauma of the incident can be debilitating and keep you from participating in or enjoying your life.
If you’re unable to work – even for a short period of time – you might find yourself in a very difficult financial situation. Fortunately, compensation might be available through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers will work tirelessly to secure all available monetary damages on your behalf. Typically, this includes both economic damages (present and future financial costs related to your accident) and non-economic damages (meant to compensate for intangible, subjective injuries like chronic pain).
We’ll fight to get you compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Nursing care
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement, and more.
Property owners and their insurance providers will challenge your demands for compensation. They’ll try to deny your claim. If that doesn’t work, they’ll attempt to limit how much money they pay. Our law firm will not let them bully you into accepting a lowball offer. We’ll be prepared with expert-backed testimony and hard evidence as we demand compensation for you.
How Long Do I Have to File a Slip and Fall Injury Claim in Texas?
After a slip and fall in Houston, you’ll have a short window of time to assert your rights and demand compensation from the owner.
Typically, the statute of limitations for slip and fall injury cases is two years. You could have more or less time to act, depending on the specific details of your case. However, you will lose the right to recover any money at all if you don’t file your claim on time.
Experienced Houston Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers Fighting For You
Houston Slip and fall accidents can be painful. They can be expensive. Over the course of your life, a severe slip and fall injury could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. If your slip and fall accident could have been avoided, you should demand that the negligent owner pays for the harm they’ve caused. You can do that by filing an injury claim or lawsuit for damages.
At Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys have more than 45 years of combined experience fighting on behalf of fall victims like you. Whether you’ve fallen at work or while out and about in Houston, we’re here to help you fight for the money you deserve. Contact our law office a call to arrange your free consultation today to learn more.
Houston Slip and Fall Lawyer Review
Read more of our testimonials.
Local Physical Therapists
- Empower Yourself PT – 5180 Buffalo Speedway, Houston, TX 77005
- OakBend Physical Therapy of River Oaks Managed by Bowman Physical Therapy – 3100 Richmond Ave Suite 200, Houston, TX 77098
- Sevilla Judy F – 3000 Richmond Ave # 100, Houston, TX 77098
- Physical Therapy Plus Inc – 3303 Audley St, Houston, TX 77098
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
LOCAL EMERGENCY ROOMS IN HOUSTON, TX
- Elite Care 24hr Emergency Care – 2500 Rice Boulevard, Houston, TX 77005
- SignatureCare – 2500 Rice Boulevard, Houston, TX 77005
- Montrose 24 Hour ER – 1110 W Gray St Suite 101, Houston, TX 77019
- East Houston Urgent Care – 11410 East Fwy APT 168, Houston, TX 77029
- Memorial Heights – 4000 Washington Ave #100, Houston, TX 77007
- River Oaks Emergency Room – 2320 S Shepherd Dr, Houston, TX 77019
- Steward Health Care System – 1401 St Joseph Pkwy, Houston, TX 77002
- SignatureCare Emergency Center: Emergency Room – 3209 Montrose Blvd, Houston, TX 77006
- Houston Methodist Emergency Care Center at Kirby – 2615 Southwest Fwy Suite 140, Houston, TX 77098
- Rice Emergency Room – 2500 Rice Boulevard, Houston, TX 77005
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Our personal injury law firm in Houston, TX also handles:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Birth Injuries Lawyers Attorneys in Houston, TX
- Boating Accidents Lawyer in Houston, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Car Accident Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Child Injuries Attorneys in Houston, TX
- Construction Accidents Attorneys in Houston, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Jones Act Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Maritime Injury Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Houston, TX
- Product Liability Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Houston, TX