Texas Personal Injury Attorneys Near You
Have you been injured in an accident? If so, then contact Houston personal injury lawyer Brian White today for help at (713) 500-5000. You could be entitled to compensation. Our team will fight on your behalf to get you the money you deserve.
At Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, we have over 45 years of combined experience helping accident victims. We have recovered tens of millions for injured victims of car accidents, Houston motorcycle injuries, Houston truck accident injuries, slip and fall cases, wrongful death claims, brain injury cases, and more. Our results speak for themselves.
We’ve helped countless clients recover millions of dollars in compensation. Contact our Houston office today to speak with our team and arrange your free consultation to learn more.
Table of Contents
How Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After an Accident in Texas
The person responsible for your injuries should be held financially accountable for your losses. You should not be forced to fight back against insurance companies and their unfair tactics; your focus should be on your health. An experienced Texas personal injury lawyer can help you pursue the fair compensation you deserve.
Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers puts over 45 years of combined legal experience to work for you. Founding attorney Brian White is a Board Certified Personal Injury Trial Lawyer, a designation only 3% of Texas attorneys can claim.
Choose our Texas personal injury law firm, and we will:
- Offer the sound legal advice and guidance you need
- Handle all paperwork, communications, and negotiations on your behalf
- Investigate your accident and gather evidence
- Work with top experts to interpret evidence and provide expert testimony establishing negligence and fault
- Accurately value the full extent of the damages you suffered
- Negotiate on your behalf to reach a fair settlement
We have extensive courtroom experience, and we are not afraid to take your case to a jury if the insurance company does not treat you fairly. Contact our Texas law firm today to schedule a free case review to discuss what we can do to help you.
Texas Accident Statistics
A personal injury case can arise from a crime or an accident, including a car accident, slip and fall, or bicycle accident.
The following statistics shed light on how many people in Texas are injured every year due to negligence or intentional wrongdoing.
- There were over 439,000 traffic accidents in Texas in 2019. These accidents caused more than 256,000 injuries, including almost 16,000 serious injuries.
- There were 1,764 fatal crashes in Texas in 2019. These accidents killed 1,867 people.
- Texas has more truck accidents than any other state. There were 649 fatal truck crashes in Texas in 2017 compared to 361 in California.
- Slip and fall accidents are the leading cause of injury-related death among seniors and in the workplace. Nationwide, 15,000 seniors and 700 workers are killed in a slip and fall every year.
- Medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death nationwide. Nearly 440,000 people are killed by medical negligence in the U.S. every year.
- In Harris County, Texas alone, there were 6,683 reported dog bites between 2013 and 2016. It’s estimated that there are 4.7 million dog bites every year in the U.S.
- In 2019, there were almost 75,600 aggravated assaults in Texas and 15,000 rapes.
If you have been hurt due to someone else’s actions, a personal injury lawyer in Texas can help you understand if your rights to compensation.
Types of Texas Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers is committed to giving Texas accident victims and their families the best representation possible.
Our Texas personal injury law firm represents victims who have suffered all types of personal injuries, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- ATV accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Railroad accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Premises liability cases, including dog bites and slip and fall accidents
- Wrongful death
Contact our Texas law firm today to schedule a no-obligation consultation with a Texas personal injury lawyer. We are ready to give you the support and legal help you need with your case.
What is My Texas Personal Injury Case Worth?
The value of your personal injury case can’t be estimated with a formula or calculator.
The only way to calculate your claim’s value is through a careful analysis of factors like:
- The circumstances of your accident
- The amount of insurance coverage available
- Whether you failed to mitigate damages or contributed to your accident
- The severity of your injuries
- How your injuries will affect your quality of life, ability to work, and health in the future
Contact the Texas accident attorneys at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers today. We will help you understand what your case may be worth during a free consultation.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Case in Texas?
A personal injury claim allows you to seek compensation for your economic and non-economic losses after your accident.
Economic damages are designed to compensate for your financial losses. Some of these damages are easy to calculate, but future economic losses can require expert testimony.
Economic damages include:
- Property damage
- Current medical bills
- Future medical costs
- Lost wages
- Reduced or lost earning capacity
You are also entitled to non-economic damages. These compensate for personal losses that do not have a financial value, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Rare personal injury lawsuits are eligible for punitive damages. These damages do not compensate for any losses. Instead, they punish the defendant for intentional wrongdoing, gross negligence, or wanton disregard for human life.
There are no caps on the damages you can recover in a personal injury case in Texas. The only exceptions are medical malpractice and claims against government entities.
Can I Still Recover Compensation if I’m Partially to Blame for My Accident?
Are you being blamed for your accident? Under the modified comparative negligence rule in Texas, you can still recover compensation even if you are partially at fault. However, it’s crucial to seek experienced legal counsel if you are being blamed.
Under this negligence doctrine, liability for an accident can be assigned to multiple parties. If you are found partially at fault, your recovery will be reduced according to your share of liability. However, if you are 51% or more at fault, you cannot recover anything. The insurance company may try to unfairly blame you for your accident or claim you did not mitigate damages. An experienced Texas personal injury attorney can help you fight back if you are being blamed for your accident.
What is Negligence and How Does it Affect a Texas Personal Injury Case?
Most Texas personal injury cases are based on negligence. This simply means that someone failed to act as a reasonable person and caused someone else’s injuries.
There are four elements of negligence that your case must prove:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care. This duty you were owed depends on the situation. Medical providers owe patients a heightened duty to provide the accepted standard of medical care. Motorists owe others a duty to obey traffic laws and exercise reasonable caution.
- The defendant breached their duty of care. This may have been driving recklessly, for instance.
- The breach caused your injuries.
- You suffered damages as a result of the accident.
Proving negligence can be challenging.
Your Texas personal injury lawyer may gather evidence, such as:
- Property maintenance records, prior complaints, and surveillance footage in a premises liability case
- Trucking company procedures, truck maintenance logs, and trucker’s driving logs for a truck accident case
- Dash cam and traffic cam footage
- Witness statements
- Accident reports
- Law enforcement citations or arrests
At Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers we may also work with experts to build your case. Medical experts, for instance, can help establish the standard of care and deviations from this standard in a medical malpractice case. Accident reconstruction specialists can assist with showing how and why a traffic accident occurred.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Texas?
The Texas statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is two years. This deadline also applies to wrongful death claims made by surviving families after a fatal accident.
Two years can sound like a long time, but it’s never wise to delay your case. Your case may require a lengthy investigation to gather and analyze evidence. It can also take time to reach maximum medical improvement. Contact Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers as soon as possible to protect your claim and begin building a strong case.
What Does it Cost to Hire a Texas Personal Injury Lawyer?
Cost should never be a barrier to getting the legal representation you need. Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers works on a contingency-fee basis. This means you pay nothing out of pocket for experienced legal representation. You only pay attorney’s fees if and when we recover compensation for you.
You may already be facing significant financial strain after your accident. Do not put off hiring a Texas personal injury attorney due to cost. Contact our Texas injury law firm today so we can begin work on your case. You have nothing to lose.
Contact a Texas Personal Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
When a serious injury leaves you struggling to pay your bills and return to work, you should not be forced to fight an uncaring insurance company for fair compensation. Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers is committed to fighting on your behalf.
Contact our Texas injury law office today for a free consultation with a Texas personal injury lawyer. We will help you explore what your case may be worth and how we can help you.
Texas Personal Injury Lawyer Review
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Brian White and his team went out of there way to show us they cared and give us the best service. They were very understanding and helpful. They were able to get us the best settlement possible without going to court. We would highly recommend them to our friends and family. They are the best! Thank you for everything Brian, Liz, and Maggie y’all made the whole process much easier.
The Aguilera Family
Read more of our testimonials.
Find Us Online
Related Personal Injury Blog Posts
- Four Things to Look for When Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer If I’m Submitting a Claim to Insurance?
- How Long Does a Personal Injury Lawsuit Take to Settle?
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
- Understanding the Statute of Limitations and Your Personal Injury Case
- What Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Will My Personal Injury Case Go to Trial?
- Why Won’t a Personal Injury Lawyer Take My Case
- 7 Questions to Ask Before You Hire a Personal Injury Attorney
- Four Reasons Why a Personal Injury Lawyer Will Not Take Your Case