Houston Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Have you been involved in a bicycle accident that wasn’t your fault in Houston, TX? The negligent driver may owe you compensation for your medical bills, injuries, pain, trauma, and other damages.
The Houston bicycle accident lawyers at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, can help you fight to secure a substantial financial recovery.
Our Houston law firm over 45 years of combined experience helping victims of bicycle accidents throughout Harris County.
Contact our Houston office today at (713) 500-5000 to schedule a free consultation with a Houston accident attorney who will fight for you and help you get the compensation you need.
How a Houston Bicycle Accident Lawyer at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Bicycle Accident in Houston
After a serious bike crash, you may be left feeling overwhelmed and unsure where to turn. While you are facing financial uncertainty, pain, and a long road to recovery, the insurance company may be fighting your claim and trying to push a low-ball settlement offer.
You deserve a Houston personal injury lawyer willing to fight back against the insurance company’s tactics.
Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers will fight to ensure you are treated fairly by the insurance company and seek the full compensation you are owed. Founding attorney Brian White is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum with a 10.0 Superb AVVO rating.
Our practice offers 45 years of combined legal expertise that we will use to fight the insurance company on your behalf.
Choose our personal injury law firm in Houston, Texas and we will:
- Provide sound legal advice and help you explore your options
- Investigate your accident to gather evidence supporting your claim and damages
- Fight back against attempts to blame you for your crash
- Work with experts to prove causation, fault, and the value of your immediate and long-term damages
- Handle all negotiations to fight for your best interests
- Take your case to trial before a jury if the insurance company will not make a fair offer
When you have suffered serious injuries in a bicycle accident, you can count on Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers to help.
Call our law firm today for a free case review with a Houston bicycle accident lawyer to discuss your case.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Houston, TX?
Texas is currently one of the states with the highest number of bicycle accidents. Combined, Texas, California, and Florida alone were responsible for over 40% of fatal bicycle accident cyclist fatalities nationwide from 2014 to 2017. In 2017, Texas was third for the highest number of bicycle accident fatalities with approximately 60 bicyclists being killed in bike accidents in Texas every year.
From 2001 through 2016, drivers struck and killed 235 cyclists in Greater Houston alone. This makes it one of the 10 most dangerous cities for bicyclists in the United States.
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) recently published its first bicycle safety report in 47 years. The report found that around 50,000 people were injured in bicycle accidents and 745 people died in 2020 nationwide.
In Houston alone, the NHTSA found 34 cyclists lost their lives. This is over a 100% increase in comparison to 2019 when 15 bicycle-related fatalities were documented. This was mainly due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the suspension of activities in schools and work centers, as well as the decrease in traffic in the city.
Most experts believe that the number of bicycle accidents that take place is higher than the reported cases, as not all bicycle accidents are recorded by the police or originate a compensation claim.
What Is My Houston Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
No two accidents are totally alike. Circumstances, as well as damages, vary greatly from case to case. This makes it impossible to put a strict dollar figure on bicycle accidents or estimate a value without a careful assessment.
The best way to assess the validity and potential compensation of a claim is to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Houston personal injury attorney.
In addition, non-economic losses like pain and suffering and mental anguish are difficult to evaluate and tend to be the largest part of any accident claim. These damages have no financial value and require a persuasive argument based on your injuries, the types of treatment received, permanent disabilities or disfigurement, and other factors.
Contact Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation on your injury claim. We will help you understand what your Houston bicycle accident claim may be worth.
What Kind of Damages Are Available to Bicycle Accident Victims in Houston?
If your crash was caused by another’s recklessness or negligence, you can seek compensation for your financial, emotional, and psychological losses.
Types of damages available can be split into two categories: economic or financial damages and non-economic losses.
Economic losses are damages that have a quantifiable dollar figure or a clear value related to them.
These damages include:
- Medical bills, including the medical expenses you will face in the future
- Lost earnings due to an inability to work as a result of injury, medical treatments, and temporary disability.
- Loss of future earnings if you are disabled as a result of the accident.
Non-economic losses are harder to quantify financially as they tend to be personal and very subjective in nature.
These losses are unique to each accident claim and may include:
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Psychological harm
If a loved one was killed in a fatal bicycle accident, your family may be entitled to other types of damages through a wrongful death claim in Houston.
While some of these items are calculated easily, certain expenses such as future medical treatments and the impact of injuries and disabilities on future earnings are harder to quantify. Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers will help you calculate the true value of the damages in your injury claim.
Note that non-economic losses may account for a large share or even most of the value of your case. However, they require a persuasive argument based on the type and severity of your injuries, how your life has been affected, and whether you have been left impaired or disfigured.
Can I Recover Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for a Bicycle Accident in Houston?
This depends on the amount of fault assigned to each party. Texas follows a “modified comparative negligence rule.” This means that the amount of compensation you are entitled to will be reduced by the percentage of blame that you had in the accident. If you’re found to be responsible for more than 50% of the accident, you are not entitled to any kind of compensation from the other parties.
Be aware that insurance companies will try to exploit this rule to limit the amount of compensation you are given. It’s crucial to contact our bicycle accident lawyers in Houston to fight for your legal rights. A bicycle accident lawyer can be invaluable in fighting back against attempts to shift blame after an accident.
Our Houston Bicycle Accident Attorneys Will To Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
Bicycle accidents can result in a wide array of injuries. Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, will fight for substantial compensation for injuries such as:
- Road rash or skin abrasions
- Soft tissue injuries to the neck, shoulders, and back
- Wrist injuries
- Fractures to the pelvis, coccyx, collarbone, feet, and legs
- Facial and dental injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Contact a Houston brain injury lawyer at our law firm if you suffered a TBI. Your bicycle accident lawyer will use your medical information, treatments, and expert testimony to pursue damages for your injuries.
What Causes Most Bicycle Accidents in Houston, Texas?
There are several factors that can contribute to a bicycle accident. However, negligence and human error are to blame for most accidents. Motorists aren’t always to blame; cyclists and even pedestrians can be responsible for a crash.
The NHTSA National Survey on Bicyclist and Pedestrian Attitudes and Behaviors found the most common causes of injury to bicyclists were:
- Hit by a car (30%)
- Fell (17%)
- Defective or damaged roadway (13%)
- Cyclist error (13%)
- Crashed with a fixed object (7%)
- Dog ran out (4%)
While only a minority of bicycle crashes involve vehicles, these accidents have the most serious injuries and outcomes.
The following factors contribute to Houston bicycle crashes involving motor vehicles:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Inattentive motorists
- Dangerous left-hand turns or failure to signal
- Blind spots
- Bad weather that may affect visibility or make the road wet
Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers will conduct an independent investigation into your crash to determine how it happened. We will then be able to build a case for compensation by establishing negligence.
How Do I Prove Negligence in a Bicycle Accident in Houston, TX?
As with all accidents, bicycle accidents demand a rigorous and thorough investigation to determine how and why they happened and who is at fault.
Our experienced Houston bicycle accident lawyers will conduct an independent investigation into your crash and examine evidence such as:
- Dashcam, helmet cam, and traffic cam footage
- Drug and alcohol screenings taken at the scene of the accident
- Witness statements
- Police reports
- Whether any citations or arrests were made
- Photos and videos of the scene of the accident including damage to vehicles, skid marks, road conditions, and more
This evidence will be used to determine how the accident happened, what factors played a role, and who is ultimately at fault. When necessary, we work with experts like accident reconstruction specialists to provide expert testimony that helps establish negligence.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit for a Bicycle Accident in Houston?
The statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Texas is two years starting from the date of the accident. If you fail to file a claim before this deadline expires, then your right to financial compensation will be lost.
There are some exceptions to this rule in Texas as some circumstances might allow you to extend this period. However, it’s still crucial to take action as soon as possible. Otherwise, valuable evidence that helps establish causation, liability, and your damages may be lost.
Speak with our experienced Houston bicycle accident lawyers to get started on your case and preserving the strength of your claim.
Contact our Texas Bicycle Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation at 1-713-500-5000 or Click Here
Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers has three convenient locations to serve you throughout Houston, TX. Our main office is located at 3120 Southwest Freeway, Suite 350, Houston, TX 77098. We can be reached at 713-500-5000 or click here to fill out our online form.
We serve neighborhoods throughout Houston including Downtown Houston, Fourth Ward, Greenway / Upper Kirby, Hyde Park, Montrose, River Oaks, and West University Place.
Contact Our Houston Bicycle Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If you were the victim of a bicycle accident in Houston, Texas, Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you. We will strive to recover the fair amount of compensation you are entitled to as you struggle to move on with your life. We will fight back against the insurance company’s attempts to minimize the gravity and impact of your injuries or try to blame you.
Contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation with a Houston bicycle accident lawyer ready to put decades of expertise to work for you.
Our personal injury law firm in Houston, TX also handles:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Birth Injuries Lawyers Attorneys in Houston, TX
- Boating Accidents Lawyer in Houston, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Car Accident Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Child Injuries Attorneys in Houston, TX
- Construction Accidents Attorneys in Houston, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Jones Act Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Maritime Injury Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Houston, TX
- Product Liability Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Houston, TX
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Houston, TX
LOCAL PHYSICAL THERAPISTS IN HOUSTON, TX
- Empower Yourself PT – 5180 Buffalo Speedway, Houston, TX 77005
- OakBend Physical Therapy of River Oaks Managed by Bowman Physical Therapy – 3100 Richmond Ave Suite 200, Houston, TX 77098
- Sevilla Judy F – 3000 Richmond Ave # 100, Houston, TX 77098
- Physical Therapy Plus Inc – 3303 Audley St, Houston, TX 77098
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Local Emergency Rooms in Houston, TX
- Elite Care 24hr Emergency Care – 2500 Rice Boulevard, Houston, TX 77005
- SignatureCare – 2500 Rice Boulevard, Houston, TX 77005
- Montrose 24 Hour ER – 1110 W Gray St Suite 101, Houston, TX 77019
- East Houston Urgent Care – 11410 East Fwy APT 168, Houston, TX 77029
- Memorial Heights – 4000 Washington Ave #100, Houston, TX 77007
- River Oaks Emergency Room – 2320 S Shepherd Dr, Houston, TX 77019
- Steward Health Care System – 1401 St Joseph Pkwy, Houston, TX 77002
- SignatureCare Emergency Center: Emergency Room – 3209 Montrose Blvd, Houston, TX 77006
- Houston Methodist Emergency Care Center at Kirby – 2615 Southwest Fwy Suite 140, Houston, TX 77098
- Rice Emergency Room – 2500 Rice Boulevard, Houston, TX 77005
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Areas We Serve in Houston, TX
Northside, Independence Heights, Central Northwest, Greater Fifth Ward, East Downtown, Central Business District, South Central Houston, Greater OST/South Union, Southwest Houston, Spring Branch East, The Memorial Villages, Briarforest, Chinatown, Mission Bend, Energy Corridor, Northwest Houston, Acres Homes, Aldine, East Aldine, East Houston, Jacinto City, Galeana Park, Deer Park, Southeast Houston, South Park, Greater Hobby Area, Hyde Park, Fourth Ward, Rice Military, Bellaire, South Main, Second Ward, Magnolia Park, Pearland, Friendswood, League City, Dickinson, La Marque, Texas City, Humble, Shady Acres, Jersey Village, Pasadena.