Houston Tractor Trailer Tire Blowout Accident Lawyer
A blown-out tire can be hazardous on the road. When a tractor-trailer tire blows out, the consequences can be devastating for truck drivers and everyone on the road. If a truck driver loses control of the truck, it can cause a semi-truck accident.
Semi-truck accidents kill and injure thousands of people each year on Texas roads. Texas has the highest rate of truck accident fatalities in the nation. There were 658 fatal truck crashes in Texas during 2019 alone!
The Houston truck accident lawyers at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers understand the dangers of a tractor trailer tire blowout. We have over four decades of combined experience handling truck accident cases and have recovered millions for injury victims.
Table of Contents
How Our Houston Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Truck Accident
Truck accidents can result in catastrophic injuries and millions of dollars in damages. Trucking companies and insurance providers often fight these claims to avoid paying large settlements. You need a personal injury attorney in Houston, TX, that can level the playing field after your accident.
We are that law firm.
When you hire Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Analyze your case to determine the best strategies for getting you the money you deserve
- Conduct a thorough truck accident investigation to preserve evidence and identify all parties responsible for your damages
- Work with your medical providers and experts to determine the extent of your damages
- File all claims and lawsuits to protect your rights
- Aggressively advocate for you to get you the maximum compensation available for your case
You have been through a traumatic experience. You deserve someone on your side who cares about you and puts your best interest first. Please call us to request your free case evaluation with a Houston personal injury lawyer.
How Do Semi-Truck Tire Blowouts Happen?
There are many different causes of 18-wheeler tire blowouts. Some common factors in tire blowouts include:
- Defective semi-truck tires
- Running over road debris or road hazards
- Overloaded trucks and trailers
- Failure to properly inflate truck tires
- Failing to change worn tires
- Improper installation of truck tires
When a semi-truck blows a tire, it can be difficult for the truck driver to control the vehicle. However, that is not the only danger of truck tires blowing out.
When a truck tire blows, it creates a road hazard. The pieces of tire can create road debris that could cause a car accident. If flying debris hits other vehicles, drivers may panic and wreck. The truck may even roll over because of the blown tire or because the truck driver jerks the vehicle to compensate for the blown tire.
Who is Liable for a Semi-Truck Tire Blowout Accident in Texas?
Semi-truck tires blow out every day. Many tire blowouts do not cause accidents. However, when they do, people can sustain traumatic injuries.
Large truck accidents often result in injuries such as:
- Multiple fractures and broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Severe burns and disfigurement
- Internal organ damage and failure
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Wrongful death
One or more parties could be liable for damages caused by a tire blowout. For example, tire manufacturers could be liable if a defective tire causes a blowout. The truck driver and the trucking company could be liable for failing to change worn tires or check the tire pressure.
Truck maintenance companies could also be at fault for using old or defective tires. They may inflate the tire to the incorrect pressure. Alternatively, loaders and shippers could be liable if they overload the truck and cause a tire blowout.
Finally, when road hazards and potholes lead to a semi-truck tire blowout, a government entity could be liable for failing to maintain roads.
What Damages Can I Recover for a Truck Tire Blowout Accident in Houston?
You have the burden of proving that another party was responsible for the truck blowout and the blowout caused the accident that resulted in your injuries. If you can prove your case, you could receive compensation for several types of damages.
Damages include, but might not be limited to:
- Loss of wages, salaries, benefits, and other forms of income
- The cost of personal care and long-term nursing care
- Medical expenses and bills, including surgeries and rehabilitation therapy
- Decrease in future earning potential
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent scarring, disabilities, and impairments
Truck accidents can turn your world upside down. Unfortunately, money does not undo the pain and suffering you experience or the other damages caused by the truck crash. However, a personal injury settlement can reimburse you for economic and non-economic losses and provide funds to pay bills and living expenses as you continue to get back to your everyday life.
Contact Our Truck Accident Law Firm in Houston To Schedule a Free Consultation
With over 45 years of collective experience handling personal injury cases, our accident lawyers understand insurance companies and trucking companies. We understand their tactics to cheat innocent victims out of the money they deserve, especially in truck accidents.
Our legal team is ready to level the playing field and assist you with your accident case. Call us today to schedule a free case review with a Houston personal injury lawyer.
We also handle:
- Tow truck accidents
- Cargo truck accidents (poorly loaded and lost load accidents)
- UPS & FedEx delivery truck accidents
- Logging truck accidents
- Wolfcamp Shale truck accident
- Jackknife accidents