Montrose/Hyde Park Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been in an accident and were physically hurt due to another person’s carelessness in the Montrose/Hyde Park neighborhood of Houston, we are here to help.
The Montrose/Hyde Park personal injury lawyers at Attorney Brian White & Associates, P.C., will fight to hold the responsible parties accountable and get you the compensation you need to get better. Call us today for a free consultation.
Table of Contents
How Brian White & Associates, P.C. Can Help After an Accident in Montrose/Hyde Park, Houston
The last thing you need to be stressed about is a lawsuit. Being injured can be a traumatic experience without also having to figure your way around the law. Personal injury law is not always easy to understand. Let us handle the legal issues for you. There is no reason you should have to go through a lawsuit on your own. Fortunately, you don’t have to.
Hiring a Montrose/Hyde Park personal injury attorney may be a deciding factor in whether you get the results you deserve. Having expert representation can position you well for a possible financial award, while you devote your energy towards recovery.
Our personal injury lawyers at Brian White & Associates, P.C., have a deep understanding of the law and a wealth of experience in all types of personal injury accidents. We work tirelessly for our clients so you do not have to worry about any legalities. Hiring us means your case is in expert hands and you can get back to the important matter of healing from your injuries.
Among the services we offer:
- Litigation: If settlement is not an option because the insurance company is not putting forward a fair offer, we are not afraid to take your case to a jury.
- Investigation: We consider all angles of your case before we proceed, so if we decide to take your case, you know that we believe it has the key factors to succeed.
- Evidence: We pull together various documents and statements we need to be able to hold the negligent parties accountable.
- Discovery: Discovery is part of investigating your case and involves getting information from the opposing party. We question them on the record and we request all documents in their possession that may be relevant to your case.
- Expert Witnesses: Our firm has both resources and access to experts who are leaders in their fields of study and can bring their expertise to bear on your case. Their testimony can often carry a great deal of weight.
- Negotiation: We make sure you are not being given the run-around by insurance companies or opposing counsel.
Our Houston personal injury attorneys never stop working for you. We know you deserve to be compensated for your suffering. That is why we look at your case closely to understand your injury and how much you have gone through.
Contact our Houston law office to find out how we can help if you have been injured in Montrose/Hyde Park, Houston.
What is Montrose/Hyde Park, Houston Like?
Montrose/Hyde Park is a historic enclave in Houston, TX. Founded in 1911, Montrose has garnered a well-deserved reputation for being accepting of all. While the demographics have evolved through the years, this commitment to diversity and inclusivity has marked the neighborhood as a welcoming beacon to newcomers.
With a variety of ethnic restaurants, as well as a bustling social scene with bars and coffeehouses, Montrose covers four square miles that encompass several districts, including Hyde Park. The area draws visitors and is known for a number of points of interest:
- Lamar Park: A half-acre “pocket park” featuring benches, pathways, and tall trees, the park is open to Hyde Park residents throughout the year. An open plaza at the center of the park offers gathering space for the community.
- Dolphin Fountain: One of the oldest operating fountains in Houston, the Dolphin Fountain dates back to 1946 and is a quirky landmark loved by Hyde Park residents. In recent years, civic organizations have undertaken a project to restore the fountain to its former glory.
- Houston Gay Pride Parade: Commemorating the 1969 raid of Stonewall Inn that was a significant moment in the gay rights movement, the Gay Pride Parade was held in Montrose until 2015. With the increasing acceptance of the LGBTQ community, the Parade has since been moved to downtown Houston.
- Art Crawl: Home to a robust art scene, Hyde Park was also known for the Art Crawl until the mid-2000s. The Art Crawl was a showcase of works by Hyde Park artists, with pieces displayed across a variety of locations within the neighborhood, including studios, homes, and restaurants.
- The Menil Collection is an art institution and is one of Houston’s most famous. With a philosophy that experiencing and enjoying art should not be just for an elite few, the Menil Collection is an entire campus with a bistro, a park, and bookstores. The institution hosts well-known exhibitions from all eras and media, as well as art from newer, up and coming artists. The complex itself is an architectural marvel and offers an interactive, immersive experience for all visitors.
Another hallmark of the area is that it is considered one of the most gay-friendly neighborhoods in Houston, and boasts a significant LGBTQ community.
Culture of Montrose/Hyde Park, Houston
Often called the bohemian heart of Houston, Montrose/Hyde Park became synonymous with the counterculture movement. Duplexes and apartments were available at lower rent, and the neighborhood attracted street musicians and hippie communes. There were demonstrations against the Vietnam War, as well as underground newspapers and radio stations.
With 30 to 40 gay bars by the end of the 1970s, Montrose also became the center of the robust LGBTQ culture in Houston. Throughout its history, the area has been home to a number of well-known figures, such as Howard Hughes, Clark Gable, and Lyndon Johnson.
Due to its creative environment and history, Montrose/Hyde Park became a draw for musicians as well, including blues and Texas folk artists. The Plaza Hotel, where early Houston leaders once lived, became a hangout for Bob Marley and The Wailers. The band even created an album there.
In recent years, the Montrose/Hyde Park neighborhood has been undergoing gentrification in some areas, with stylish restaurants and shops taking the place of smaller, older businesses. Luxury condos and townhomes have made housing less affordable. Nonetheless, the neighborhood maintains its unique culture and reputation as a vibrant, inclusive Houston community.
Personal Injuries We Handle in Montrose/Hyde Park, Houston
With all the activity in a dynamic and popular community like Montrose/Hyde Park, it is possible to fall victim to the negligent acts of another, resulting in an injury.
At Brian White & Associates, P.C., our attorneys know how to handle all personal injury cases in Houston, TX, including:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Uber accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace accidents
- Wrongful death
- And more
No matter why or how you were injured, an attorney can help you understand your rights and pursue compensation from those responsible. Call our Houston law office to schedule a free consultation with your skilled legal team today.
What Compensation Can I Expect After an Accident in Montrose/Hyde Park, Houston?
If you have been injured in the Montrose/Hyde Park neighborhood of Houston, Texas, you may be entitled to a monetary award. The amount of financial compensation may vary, but you can rest assured we will pursue all possible avenues available in your case.
Compensatory awards can be economic and non-economic. Economic awards are for financial losses that relate to the physical aspects of your injury. These could include:
- Healthcare expenses
- Lost wages
- Property loss
Non-economic awards are less tangible and verifiable and may be more difficult to determine. These could include:
- Loss of mental capacity
- Reputation loss
- Physical and emotional trauma
We will fight to get you all of the compensation to which you are entitled under Texas state law so you can be made whole. The Houston personal injury attorneys at Brian White & Associates, P.C., know you have been through enough. Call us for a free consultation today.
Statute of Limitations for Montrose/Hyde Park Personal Injury Cases
The law often places restrictions on the amount of time you have to file a claim following an injury. This is known as the “statute of limitations.” Texas law requires that you bring forward your case within two years of the accident. Contact us today and let Attorney Brian White & Associates, P.C., get started on your case so the statute of limitations is not at issue.
Texas law also has what are called modified comparative negligence rules. In lay terms, that simply means that if you are mostly responsible for the accident, you will not be eligible to be compensated. Call us and we will help you make a determination and fight to downplay any allegations of fault other parties might make.
Contact Our Montrose/Hyde Park Personal Injury Lawyers Now
Did you recently get hurt or lose someone you care about in an accident in the Montrose or Hyde Park section of Houston, TX? Contact Attorney Brian White & Associates, P.C., for immediate support and assistance. Our team excels in personal injury matters, and we will be relentless in pursuit of the compensation to which you are entitled. We manage the legal matters and address all related issues on your behalf from start to finish. This gives you time to focus on getting better.
Hiring Attorney Brian White & Associates, P.C., means you are hiring the full strength of our entire firm. We fight fairly and with integrity, but we also fight hard. Reach out to us online or call us to get started. Your initial consultation is at no charge.
Meta: Did you recently suffer an avoidable injury in an accident in the Montrose/Hyde Park neighborhood of Houston, TX? Attorney Brian White & Associates, PC will help you fight for compensation.