Personal Injury Lawyer in Downtown Houston, TX
If you were injured in Downtown Houston, TX, those responsible for the accident should have to compensate you for your injury. At Attorney Brian White & Associates, P.C., we believe in ensuring justice is served and the negligent parties are forced to cover the costs resulting from your injury.
Our Downtown Houston personal injury lawyers will fight on your side to pursue the compensation you need and deserve. Contact our law firm and speak to our attorneys at no charge.
How Brian White & Associates, P.C. Can Help After an Accident in Downtown Houston, TX
Your accident may have altered your life in numerous ways, both large and small.
Our personal injury team understands this and has fought for injury victims like you to receive compensation for your suffering. We put our experience to work for you.
Attorney Brian White is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
This means he has been recognized as a skilled trial lawyer who has a reputation for success in court. If insurance companies play hardball and do not make a fair settlement offer, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial.
Personal injury cases can be complex and nuanced, which is why we conduct a thorough investigation to uncover every fact and detail related to your accident. We share your desire to hold the responsible parties to account, and we know how stressful the process can be.
This is why we do the heavy lifting and let you focus on your health and recovery. Your peace of mind matters and you deserve to rest after what was likely a traumatic experience.
Leave it to our skilled team to manage the legal complexities. Here is just a sample of what our Houston personal injury attorneys can take care of for you:
- Investigate the facts of your case to assess the nature and extent of your injury and loss
- Strategize regarding the most effective legal route to a successful outcome
- Represent you in court as well as during all negotiations with opposing counsel and insurance companies
- Find the right experts to weigh in on your case and provide their expertise
- Seek out and gather all evidence and information available about your case, including police and medical reports, video footage, and eyewitness accounts
- Depose individuals and send interrogatories to get the information we need
- We have the financial resources to hire the most respected experts to testify on your behalf
- Negotiate with insurance companies who may try to deny or low ball a settlement offer. They may try to work their way around paying up, but we will not allow it
Our injury lawyers fight fiercely for you. We do not stop until we go the distance for you and get you the compensation you deserve for all you have been through.
Contact our Houston law firm today to find out more about what we can do for you if you have been injured. We will discuss your case with you at no charge.
What is Downtown Houston, TX Like?
Downtown Houston is the largest business district in the greater Houston area. The district is enclosed by three major highways, I-10, I-45, and I-69. Downtown Houston is currently home to nine different Fortune 500 companies, with more than 150,000 employees working in the district.
Within Downtown Houston, there are several colleges and universities. The largest is the University of Houston-Downtown, a four-year university and one of the four universities that make up the University of Houston school system.
History of Downtown Houston, TX
Downtown is the location of the original site of Houston, after the Texas Revolution against the Mexican government, where John Kirby Allen and Augustus Chapman Allen purchased land and settled. Downtown Houston saw the most growth shortly after the famous Galveston hurricane of 1900, where investors were looking for a location close to ports of Southwestern Texas but far enough away from any dangerous hurricanes.
Houston was an ideal location for these investors. Once this happened, Downtown Houston began to transform rapidly. More high rise skyscrapers appeared, and shipping and oil industries began to set up operations near the area.
Sights to See in Downtown Houston
Some of the sites to see in the Downtown Houston area include:
- The Astrodome: The Houston Astrodome was the official home ballpark of the Houston Astros baseball team before they made the move to Minute Maid Park in 2000. The ballpark is perhaps best known for being the first major sports stadium to make use of artificial turf, coined AstroTurf. In the late 1990s, both the Astros and the Houston Oilers football team left the Astrodome in favor of other stadiums due to its declining facilities.
- The Downtown Aquarium: The Downtown Aquarium is the result of renovations on two different Houston landmarks: the Central Waterworks Building and Fire Station No. 1. Spanning six acres, the aquarium consists of 500,000 gallons of water and over 300 different species of aquatic life. In addition, the aquarium also has a full-service restaurant, a bar, and many different exhibits and galleries.
- The Toyota Center: The Toyota Center is an indoor arena and is the current home of the Houston Rockets NBA basketball team. The arena officially opened in 2003, with Toyota paying $100 million for the naming rights. The arena has enough seating for 18,000 people during a basketball game, and the prices for courtside seats in the arena went up significantly from the Rockets’ previous location, the Summit.
With so many attractions that draw visitors, it is not surprising that accidents might happen. That is why we are here. We know the difficulties that arise in the event of an accidental injury caused by the negligent acts of another, and we are prepared to help you through your personal injury.
Personal Injuries We Handle in Downtown Houston, TX
At Brian White & Associates, P.C., we are highly respected for securing victories for our clients. We have years of experience in representing our clients in a wide variety of personal injury accidents and injuries in the Houston area, including Downtown Houston, including:
- Car Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Child Injuries
- Uber Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
When you hire our personal injury lawyers in Houston, we work to protect you from negative evidence against you or anything that could potentially reduce the compensation amount you are rightfully owed.
What Compensation Can I Expect After an Accident in Downtown Houston, TX?
In the state of Texas, compensation is often divided into two types: economic and non-economic. The amount you receive will be largely dependent on the specifics of your injury and related costs. Rest assured that we will fiercely go after all possible compensation available to you.
Economic awards are for costs related to the tangible aspects of the injury. They may include:
- Lost earnings
- Medical and other bills
- Daily expenses out of pocket
- Disability equipment
Non-economic awards are for injury-related costs that stem from less tangible factors such as emotional pain, embarrassment, and loss of consortium or companionship.
Possible Bars to Recovering Compensation
It is important to be mindful of two rules that could keep you from being compensated. Our lawyers can sit down with you to explain the rules in detail.
Texas is what is known as a modified comparative negligence state. This essentially means that sharing more than 50% of the responsibility or blame for an accident can keep you from financial recovery for your injury.
Statute of Limitations for Downtown Houston Personal Injury Cases
The statute of limitations refers to the time you have to initiate a lawsuit and hold the parties responsible for your injury accountable. In Texas, you have two years from the date of your injury. It can take time to investigate and build a case before filing, so you have no time to lose. Call us today and let Attorney Brian White & Associates, P.C., put the wheels in motion on your behalf.
Contact Our Downtown Houston Personal Injury Lawyers Now
We know your life has changed dramatically and you are worried about the future. We have seen this with numerous clients over the years. With our combined years of experience handling personal injury claims in Texas, we are dogged in our determination to get you a win and ease your worry.
Our lawyers think about your case very carefully before we agree to represent you. Once we do, make no mistake that it means we have confidence that we can win. It means we believe your case is supported by the law. Once it is in our hands, we work day and night to make it a success.
When you choose Attorney Brian White & Associates, P.C. to be your attorney of record, we will not let you down. Call us now for a free consultation.