Falling Debris/Poorly Loaded Cargo Accident Attorney in Houston
Hauling hazardous material is not the only dangerous cargo condition that motorists may encounter in Houston, TX. Poorly loaded cargo and falling debris from commercial vehicles can cause dangerous conditions on Houston roads. Commercial truck accidents caused by falling debris and poorly loaded cargo can result in devastating injuries.
The Houston poorly loaded cargo accident attorneys of Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers have over 45 years of experience handling personal injury claims. In addition, attorney Brian White is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. With considerable experience, resources, and skills, our personal injury law firm can handle the most complex trucking accidents.
How Our Houston Truck Accident Lawyers Help You With Falling Debris/Poorly Loaded Cargo Accident Claims
Financial compensation cannot undo the pain and suffering you experienced because of severe injuries caused by an 18-wheeler or semi-truck accident. However, it can replace your lost wages and reimburse you for medical bills and other out-of-pocket expenses related to the 18-wheeler truck accident.
When you hire an experienced Houston truck accident lawyer, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the Texas truck accident to identify the cause of the crash and the responsible parties
- File insurance claims and monitor the statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit
- Document your damages by working with your physicians, medical experts, and financial professionals
- Hire expert witnesses to assist in gathering evidence proving fault for the commercial vehicle accident
- Calculate the value of your damages and aggressively pursue claims to recover that amount
- File a lawsuit and fight the matter in court if the liable parties refuse to negotiate a fair settlement amount
- Fight allegations of contributory fault and failure to mitigate damages
Our Houston commercial vehicle accident lawyers handle all types of truck crashes, including poorly loaded cargo accidents and crashes caused by falling debris. Call our law office today to schedule your free case evaluation with a Houston truck accident lawyer.
Causes of Fall Debris and Poorly Loaded Cargo Accidents in Houston, TX
The cargo on a commercial truck can weigh thousands of pounds. If the cargo shifts or falls from the truck, it can cause a catastrophic accident. Unsecured cargo can cause rollover accidents, jackknifed truck accidents, and multi-vehicle accidents.
Common types of incidents that can result in an improper loading truck accident include:
Improperly Loaded Cargo
When loading a truck, the cargo must be placed so that the weight distribution is even across all truck axles. Otherwise, the weight of the cargo could cause the truck to fishtail or roll over. It reduces the risk of a truck accident when the weight of the cargo is balanced correctly.
The truck driver could tip over when going around a sharp curve or corner. The truck takes longer to stop because of the added weight. The trailer could also experience tire blowouts, which could lead to a truck crash.
Improperly Secured Cargo
The cargo must be secured so that it does not move during transit. An unsecured load can shift.
Shifting cargo causes balance problems. It can also cause the truck to tip over even when traveling at slow speeds around curves or corners that are not sharp.
Falling debris could be the result of failing to secure cargo. It could also happen when a truck is overloaded or the truck driver and loaders fail to inspect the cargo and straps before going on the road.
Other vehicles on the road could crash while trying to avoid falling debris. Debris could cause tire blowouts, flat tires, broken windshields, and other unsafe conditions. Falling debris often causes chain-reaction collisions.
Injuries Caused by Poorly Loaded Cargo and Falling Debris
Tragically, truck accidents often cause catastrophic injuries and deaths for people in another vehicle. Most people killed and injured in truck accidents are occupants of other cars. An accident victim can sustain one or more common injuries including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Crushing injuries
- Back injuries
- Chest injury
- Severe burns and scarring
Devastating crashes can result in permanent disabilities and impairments. For example, accident victims could require long-term nursing care and personal care. In addition, the person may never be able to work again.
Therefore, the damages caused by improper loading of cargo can be substantial.
Damages You Could Receive for a Poorly Loaded Cargo Truck Accident
- Economic damages – Loss of income, medical bills, out-of-pocket expenses, nursing care, diminished earning capacity, etc.
- Non-economic damages – Pain and suffering, impairments, decreased quality of life, emotional distress, etc.
- Punitive damages – Awarded in a small number of truck accident cases to punish the commercial truck driver, trucking company, or other at-fault parties
Our Houston trucking accident lawyer reviews your case to determine the types of damages you can receive and how much your claim is worth. Then, our legal team works to get you that amount of money for your truck accident claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Houston Truck Accident Attorney
Our personal injury law firm in Houston is here when you need legal advice and guidance regarding commercial trucking accidents. Call us now to schedule a free consultation with one of our Houston truck accident attorneys.
We also handle:
- Tow truck accidents
- Garbage truck accidents
- Equipment failure
- Poor truck maintenance
- Trucking company negligence
- Commercial work truck accidents
More truck resources: