Trucking Company Negligence
Most truck accidents are caused by negligence. Either the truck driver or trucking company’s negligence leads to catastrophic injuries and life-threatening conditions for innocent accident victims.
The Houston truck accident lawyers at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers fight for the rights of truck accident victims every day. Our law firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients in personal injury settlements and verdicts. With over 45 years of combined legal experience, we know how to fight the trucking industry and win.
Contact our law firm in Houston, TX at (713) 500-5000 for a free consultation with a Houston personal injury attorney. Let us help you recover the money you deserve for the pain and suffering caused by a negligent trucking company.
How Our Houston Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help Truck Accident Victims Recover Compensation for Damages
Attorney Brian White is a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer. He has extensive experience handling truck accident cases. His dedication, determination, and diligence are why he is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Truck crashes are complex personal injury cases. Handling a truck accident case requires a certain level of expertise. It also requires resources and skills that inexperienced law firms do not possess.
When you hire Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Listen to what happened to you and explain your legal options
- Investigate the truck accident to determine how the crash occurred and gather evidence proving fault and liability
- Work with trucking industry experts, accident reconstructionists, medical experts, and other expert witnesses to build a case against the trucking company and other liable parties
- Document your damages to calculate an accurate value for your injury claim
- File all insurance claims and handle communications and negotiations with the insurance companies
- Fight allegations of contributory fault and failure to mitigate damages
- Monitor the accident investigations by local and federal agencies
- Aggressively negotiate for the full value of your personal injury claim
- Prepare and file a truck accident lawsuit and advocate for you at trial if necessary
Our Houston truck accident attorneys do not give up until all legal options for compensation are exhausted. We want to get you the most money possible for your injuries and damages.
Call our law firm to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced truck accident lawyers in Houston, Texas. Let’s work together to hold the responsible parties accountable for their negligence and wrongdoing.
What Are Common Types of Trucking Company Negligence?
Negligence is the failure to act with reasonable care. When a trucking company is negligent, the results can be deadly for innocent victims.
Examples of trucking company negligence that can lead to semi-truck accidents include:
- Failure to maintain the tractor-trailers in good working order
- Failing to conduct routine truck inspections
- Ignoring safety regulations by forcing truck drivers to work more than the allowed number of hours by federal law (FMCSA hours of service)
- Negligent hiring policies that permit hires of inexperienced and problematic drivers
- Failing to provide specialized training and improper training practices
- Training drivers to ignore safety rules
- Negligent loading practices, including overloading, failing to secure cargo and improperly loaded cargo
- Failing to perform random alcohol and drug tests
- Failing to make necessary truck repairs and perform necessary maintenance
Trucking company negligence causes truck crashes. When a trucking company negligently operates 18-wheelers, it can be held liable for damages caused by a truck accident.
What Damages Can You Receive in a Trucking Company Negligence Claim?
Trucking company negligence, including the actions of negligent truck drivers, causes many types of truck accidents. When a truck accident occurs because of the wrongdoing of the trucking company, the accident victim can sue the trucking company for damages.
Damages in a truck accident case can include economic damages, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Long-term nursing care
- Personal care and household services
- Past and future lost wages
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical, occupational, and vocational therapies
- Diminished earning potential
You are also entitled to compensation for your non-economic damages. These damages compensate you for the pain and suffering caused by a truck accident.
You could receive compensation for your:
- Impairments, disfigurement, and disabilities
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Physical suffering
- Decrease in your quality of life
- Emotional suffering
Many truck accident victims sustain lifelong impairments and disabilities. They may never be able to return to their regular routines or work. For them, trucking company negligence changes their lives forever.
Trucking companies, truck drivers, and other responsible parties must be held liable for their reckless and negligent behavior. Our Houston truck accident attorneys are dedicated to pursuing negligent parties to hold them accountable for the horrific damages they caused our clients.
What is the Deadline for Filing Claims for Trucking Company Negligence in Texas?
The Texas statute of limitations for most truck accident claims is two years from the accident date. There could be exceptions to this rule. Therefore, it is in your best interest to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible. Waiting too long to seek legal advice could result in losing your right to hold the trucking company liable for the pain they caused you.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Houston Truck Accident Lawyers to Discuss Your Trucking Company Negligence Claim
We are here for you. Our legal team understands you have been through a traumatic experience. Let us handle the legal battle while you continue to recover from your truck accident injuries.
Call now for a free case evaluation with a Houston accident attorney. Talking with a lawyer about your trucking company negligence case doesn’t cost you anything. Call Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation.
We also cover:
- Cargo truck accidents (lost load and oversize load accidents)
- Eagle Ford Shale truck accidents
- Tractor-trailer tire blowouts
- Equipment failure
- Tow truck accidents
- Garbage truck accidents
- Commercial work truck accidents
More truck resources: