Houston Sudden Stop Truck Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a truck accident in Houston, TX, you may be entitled to significant compensation. Houston roads are congested, and sometimes trucks travel at high speeds and at unsafe distances from other drivers. The results can be catastrophic.
Our seasoned Houston sudden stop truck accident attorneys have helped clients recover tens of millions of dollars in damages for their injuries. At Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, we hold truck drivers and the companies that employ them responsible for the damage they cause. We may be able to do the same for you.
Contact our Houston, Texas office today at (713) 500-5000 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation. We’ll talk to you about your case and answer questions you have about your rights.
How Can Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers Help You After a Sudden Stop Truck Accident?
Our Houston personal injury lawyers have a combined 45 years of experience fiercely advocating for accident injury victims. When it comes to truck accidents, car drivers and passengers usually end up with the most severe injuries.
Our number one goal is to get you the compensation that you and your family deserve so you can get back on your feet again. During this difficult time, you shouldn’t try to go it alone. We understand how insurance companies operate. They may try to talk you into accepting a fast settlement for an amount far less than what your claim is worth.
You’re not alone. Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers can assist you with your Houston sudden stop truck accident by:
- Investigating the circumstances of your accident
- Explaining your rights and legal options in detail
- Collecting important evidence and hiring the state’s top experts to bolster your claim
- Negotiating for a fair settlement with the insurance company to compensate you for all of your injuries
- Keeping you fully informed throughout the process so you have the information you need to make important decisions about your case.
You focus on healing, and our Houston truck accident lawyers will work on getting you every dollar to which you’re entitled.
What Causes Sudden Stop Truck Accidents in Houston, Texas?
Houston is ranked among the top ten most congested traffic cities in the U.S. Big trucks are simply a fact of life on Houston roads. One of the most dangerous places you can be while you’re driving your car is directly behind or in front of a truck.
While all accidents involving trucks are different, there are a few key factors that contribute to sudden stop truck accidents:
- Inexperienced or inadequately trained truck drivers
- Unsafe truck drivers who tailgate other cars
- Truck drivers who are impaired by alcohol or illegal drugs
- Distracted truck drivers
- Loss of control of the truck due to driving too fast
However, one of the greatest contributing factors is truck driver fatigue. Federal regulations limit the number of hours per day a truck driver can drive. However, many truck drivers work under the pressure of tight deadlines, so they don’t always follow those regulations.
When truck drivers are working on limited rest and sleep, they can easily lose focus, and their reaction time is significantly compromised. When that happens, the truck can become a deadly weapon on the road.
What Steps Should I Take After a Sudden Stop Truck Accident?
There are things you can do to try to protect against truck accidents. You can ensure that you keep a safe distance between you and the truck, or you can move into another lane to allow a truck to safely pass you.
But you can’t control the actions of truck drivers. If you have been involved in a sudden stop truck accident, you should take the following steps:
- Move your car off to the side of the road in a safe place, if you can
- Get the truck’s Department of Transportation number, license plate number, and the name of the truck company they work for
- Talk to anyone who may have seen the accident, and get their contact information
- Document the accident by taking pictures and video
- Call 911 so the police can prepare an accident report
- Seek medical attention as quickly as possible
Also, never admit you were at fault for the accident. The insurance company may try to use that against you to limit your claim or to deny it altogether.
Finally, you should then contact Houston’s premier truck accident lawyers at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers as soon as possible. We’ll conduct our own investigation and get to work trying to maximize your compensation.
What Common Injuries Occur in Sudden Stop Truck Accidents?
Accidents involving trucks tend to cause the most serious kinds of injuries, which can be long-term. Some of the most common injuries we see in truck accident cases are:
- Back and neck injuries
- Injuries to the spinal cord
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ injuries
- Injuries to the head or neck
In the worst cases, a wrongful death may be the end result. No matter what your injuries are, Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers will stand in your corner to do everything we can to hold all the negligent parties accountable.
Call a Houston Sudden Stop Truck Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
After you’ve been involved in a sudden stop truck accident in Houston, TX, don’t wait to find out what your legal rights are. It’s important you act quickly and speak with an experienced Houston studden stop truck accident attorney about your legal options.
Call Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers today to get more information and to schedule a free consultation.