Corpus Christi Personal Injury Lawyer
Were you injured due to another individual’s negligent actions in Corpus Christi, Texas? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income, physical pain, and emotional trauma.
Contact Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers to get the legal representation you deserve. Our Corpus Christi personal injury lawyers have over 45 years of combined experience to put behind your case. We’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars for personal injury victims throughout Texas, and we’re prepared to fight for you.
Contact our law office for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney. We’ll discuss what happened, the injuries you’ve suffered, and your legal options for compensation. You can reach us by calling (713) 500-5000 or contacting us online.
Table of Contents
How Can Our Personal Injury Lawyers Help You After an Accident in Corpus Christi, TX?
Being injured through little to no fault of your own creates a stressful situation. You may be dealing with painful injuries that prevent you from working. Meanwhile, your bills are piling up, and you’re unsure where to turn for help.
You don’t have to handle your legal issues alone. Let our personal injury lawyers near Corpus Christi put our knowledge, skills, and resources to work for you, and we’ll work towards the best possible outcome in your case.
Hiring Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers for help after an accident in Corpus Christi means you’ll have a legal representative to:
- Explain your rights and maintain an open line of communication throughout your case
- Investigate the accident that caused your injuries to determine what and who caused it
- Gather strong evidence and consult experts to build your case
- Timely file all claims, pleadings, and other documents as needed
- Negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf
- Represent you at trial if we fail to obtain a fair out-of-court agreement
To learn more about creating an attorney-client relationship after an accident in Corpus Christi, TX, reach out to our law firm for a free initial consultation.
We Handle All Types of Personal Injury Cases in Corpus Christi, Texas
Whether you were injured in a collision or while out on the water, our personal injury lawyers in Corpus Christi can help.
The legal team at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers handles all types of cases, including those involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Factory accidents
- Construction accidents
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Child injuries
- Wrongful death
- And more
Contact our personal injury law firm to learn more about our practice areas and how we can help you after an accident in Corpus Christi, TX.
How to Get to Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers From Corpus Christi, TX
Our personal injury law firm’s main office is located three hours away from Corpus Christi at the following address:
Public Transport Directions
Common Injuries Sustained in Accidents
Accident victims can suffer a range of different injuries, from minor scrapes to life-altering catastrophic injuries.
We’ve helped injured people who have sustained all types of injuries, such as:
- Soft tissue injuries, including torn muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Fractured and broken bones
- Chest injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries, including herniated discs
- Injuries to the face, eyes, and teeth
- Knee injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Road rash
- Nerve damage
- Internal organ injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Respiratory illnesses
No matter what type of injury you sustained, we’ll help you prove your case and get the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
What Is the Value of My Corpus Christi Personal Injury Claim?
We’ll evaluate several factors, including:
- The types of injuries you’ve sustained, their severity, and your prognosis
- The medical costs, out-of-pocket expenses, and lost wages you’ve incurred
- The emotional trauma, pain, and suffering you’ve gone through
- Whether your injuries permanently disable, impair, scar, or disfigure you
- The effect of your injuries on your enjoyment of life and ability to earn a living
- Whether you share fault for causing the accident
- The parties involved in the case and their willingness to settle for a fair amount
A claim involving severe, permanent injuries is typically worth more than others. However, as you can see, multiple aspects must be considered when valuing your case. Our personal injury attorneys in Corpus Christi will identify your losses and help you put a dollar value on them.
What Compensation Can I Receive After an Accident in Corpus Christi, TX?
Personal injury victims in Corpus Christi and throughout Lone Star State can seek compensation for their accident-related expenses (economic damages) and intangible losses (non-economic damages).
Economic damages after a Corpus Christi accident may include:
- Past medical expenses, such as hospital stays, surgery, treatment, and follow-ups
- Future healthcare needs, such as physical therapy
- Loss of earnings and employment benefits
- Diminished earning potential
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as childcare, modifications to your home, and in-home nursing care
- Property damage
Personal injury claimants can also seek non-economic damages, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment or disability
- Loss of companionship
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Punitive damages (also known as exemplary damages) may be awarded in cases where the defendant’s actions were malicious or grossly negligent. While rare, these damages are intended to punish people for appalling conduct and deter others from similar behavior in the future.
Can I Still Recover Compensation If I Share Fault for My Corpus Christi Accident?
Whether you can recover compensation depends on the level of responsibility you share for the Corpus Christi accident. Texas implements a modified comparative negligence rule that prohibits a financial recovery if your share of fault exceeds 50%.
If your apportioned fault is 50% or less, you’ll be entitled to compensation, but it’ll be reduced by your percentage of negligence. For example, if you’re allocated 30% fault for causing an auto accident, you can only recover 70% of your awarded compensation.
Insurance companies frequently try to blame personal injury victims for their accidents to limit their liability – and they don’t always have proof. We won’t let them take advantage of you. Contact us for assistance if you’re being blamed for an accident, and let us fight for you.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit in Texas?
Texas law implements a statutory deadline that limits the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. Most Corpus Christi victims must file their claims within two years. The clock typically starts to run on the accident date for personal injury lawsuits and the date of death for wrongful death actions.
Exceptions may exist that give you more or less time to act. That’s why it’s essential to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible after your Corpus Christi accident. We’ll monitor the statute of limitations that applies to your case and ensure that your rights are protected.
How Do I Prove My Corpus Christi Personal Injury Case?
Most accidents – whether you’re struck by a vehicle while walking or slip and fall in a store – are caused by someone’s negligence.
Negligence consists of four elements, which you (as the plaintiff) have the burden of proving in a personal injury case:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care. For example, drivers must follow traffic laws and drive safely to prevent hurting others.
- The defendant breached their duty of care by acting unreasonably under the circumstances.
- The defendant’s actions directly caused your injury.
- You sustained damages as a result.
Some claims, such as product liability cases involving defective products, may be based on strict liability.
No matter which legal concept applies in your case, we’ll help you prove it by gathering evidence, including:
- Accident reports
- Medical records
- Videos and photos of the accident scene
- Physical evidence from the accident
- Surveillance footage
- Expert witness opinions
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Employment records and pay stubs
- Statements from your family and friends regarding the impact of the accident on your quality of life
- Cell phone records
Contact our Corpus Christi personal injury attorneys for help proving your case and getting the compensation you deserve.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Corpus Christi?
Most personal injury lawyers in Corpus Christi and Nueces County take their cases on a contingency fee basis. When you retain your lawyer, you won’t owe any upfront costs, and you’ll only pay attorney’s fees if they secure a settlement or verdict in your favor.
Their fees will be deducted from your awarded compensation. The amount will be a pre-agreed-upon percentage, typically between 33-40%. We’ll explain our contingency fee structure to you during your free initial consultation and ensure that we answer any questions you have.
Contact Our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Case Assessment
Were you hurt in an accident in Corpus Christi, TX? If so, Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers will help you pursue a fair financial recovery from the at-fault party. Our legal team has decades of experience to put behind your case, and we’re passionate about helping personal injury victims and their families after devastating accidents.
Contact our Corpus Christi personal injury lawyers for a free case evaluation to learn more about our legal services and how we can help you after your accident.