Beaumont Personal Injury Lawyer
Are you suffering from injuries after an accident in Beaumont, TX? Did it result from someone else’s negligence or recklessness? You may be able to hold the responsible party liable for your losses – and Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers can help.
Our personal injury lawyers near Beaumont have over 45 years of experience helping victims throughout Texas recover compensation for their injuries. We know how to handle the most complex accident claims and obtain financial justice for our clients.
Contact our law firm for a free consultation to discuss your legal rights and the potential sources of compensation available in your case. Our dedicated legal team is available 24/7, so call us at (713) 500-5000 to learn more.
Table of Contents
How Can Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers Help You After an Accident in Beaumont, TX?
Whether you slipped and fell at a museum in Beaumont or sustained injuries after a motor vehicle accident on I-10, at-fault parties won’t be quick to offer you a fair settlement. You’ll likely require the help of a knowledgeable legal advocate to get the compensation you need to cover your losses and make you whole again.
The legal team at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers understands that you might be struggling with medical bills and other expenses. That’s why if you reach out to us for help, we can provide legal advice and start building your case right away.
When you hire our Beaumont personal injury attorneys to handle your accident claim, you can expect us to:
- Listen to what happened, explain your options, and provide open and honest communication
- Investigate the incident that caused your injuries to identify the liable parties
- Collect evidence proving every aspect of your personal injury claim
- Confer with experts if complex issues arise in your case
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other adversaries and try to reach a settlement agreement that fairly compensates you
- Handle your case from start to finish, including representing you at trial if we fail to resolve your claim out of court
You aren’t alone after an accident in Beaumont, Texas. Contact our law office to get the legal representation you deserve. We’ll fight for you while you focus on healing.
Our Texas Personal Injury Law Firm’s Practice Areas
The legal team at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers handles all types of personal injury cases, including but not limited to:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- Accidents involving dangerous or defective products (product liability)
- Premises liability matters
- Dog bites
- School accidents
- Assault, including sexual assault
- Wrongful death
To learn more about our practice areas and how we can help you after an accident in Beaumont, TX, contact our law firm for a free initial consultation.
How to Get to Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers From Beaumont, TX
Common Injuries Sustained in Texas Accidents
We’ve helped people who have suffered all types of injuries in devastating, life-changing accidents, including:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Chest injuries
- Herniated discs and other back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Knee injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Eye injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Nerve damage
- Birth injuries
Whether you sustained minor scrapes or catastrophic injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical costs and other losses. Contact our experienced personal injury attorneys to discuss your damages.
How Much Can I Expect To Receive If I File a Personal Injury Claim in Beaumont, TX?
The value of your Beaumont personal injury claim will depend on the specific facts and circumstances, as no two cases are the exact same.
We’ll evaluate the following factors to determine what your case may be worth:
- Your injuries, their severity, and how they affect your daily life
- Whether you’re expected to make a full recovery
- The healthcare expenses, out-of-pocket costs, and other financial losses you’ve incurred
- The impact of your injuries on your ability to earn a living
- The level of psychological trauma, pain, and suffering you’ve gone through
- Whether you share any blame for contributing to your injuries
- The evidence available to prove your case
- Whether an insurance policy covers the accident
As you can see, multiple items must be considered when placing a value on a personal injury case in Texas. While the severity of your injuries will significantly affect your claim, other factors must also be assessed.
What Damages Are Available After an Accident in Beaumont, TX?
Personal injury victims in Beaumont can potentially seek compensation for their economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages represent your monetary losses that can be calculated using receipts, invoices, and statements, such as:
- Medical expenses, including ambulance bills, doctor’s visits, surgery, and treatment
- Future healthcare costs, including pain management, occupational therapy, and ongoing care
- Lost wages, income, and job benefits
- Diminished earning potential if you can’t return to work in the same capacity
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damages are the personal losses you endure after an accident, such as:
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Permanent scarring, disfigurement, or disability
- Loss of companionship
In some cases, Texas courts may award punitive damages (exemplary damages) to punish a defendant for malicious or grossly negligent conduct. These awards aren’t compensatory but are intended to penalize particularly bad behavior.
Can I Recover Compensation If I Share Fault for My Accident in Texas?
A common tactic employed by insurance companies is to blame the victim for causing or contributing to their accident. Why?
Texas law implements a modified comparative negligence standard that bars financial recovery if your percentage of fault is greater than 50%. If your level of responsibility is 50% or less, your compensation will be reduced proportionately.
For example, suppose you’re assigned 40% blame for causing a motorcycle accident. You’d only be entitled to 60% of your awarded compensation. If you had been found 51% at fault, you couldn’t recover anything.
Even if you think you’re partially responsible for a Texas accident, don’t admit fault. The opposing party must have proof of your shared responsibility, and you can’t be sure of your level of fault until your attorney investigates.
How Do I Prove My Beaumont Personal Injury Case?
A majority of accidents and personal injuries result from someone’s negligence.
This legal concept consists of four distinct elements that must be proven by the plaintiff in a personal injury case:
- Duty of care: The defendant owed you a duty of care, which arises by operation of law or custom. For example, Texas drivers owe others sharing the roads a duty to drive safely to prevent causing harm.
- Breach of duty: The defendant breached their duty of care by failing to act with reasonable caution. For example, driving drunk presents a hazard to everyone on the road.
- Causation: The defendant’s conduct directly caused your harm. For example, their drunk driving directly led to the collision that caused your injuries.
- Damages: You suffered damages, such as medical bills and mental anguish.
To prove each element of negligence, you’ll need evidence, which may include medical records, expert witness opinions, eyewitness statements, photos, videos, and more. We’ll help you prove liability and fight for the outcome you deserve.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Jefferson County?
Personal injury lawyers in Beaumont and throughout Jefferson County typically work on a contingency fee basis. Under this arrangement, there are no upfront expenses to hire an experienced lawyer to represent you. You’ll only pay for their legal services if they secure a favorable outcome in your case.
The attorney’s fees will be deducted from your awarded settlement or verdict. They’ll typically be between 33 and 40% of your award, depending on the complexity of your case and whether it goes to trial.
We want you to fully understand our contingency fee agreement, so we’ll ensure that we answer your questions and know what to expect.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Texas?
If you were injured in Beaumont, you have a limited amount of time to take legal action due to the Texas statute of limitations.
Most personal injury victims only have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Surviving family members who want to pursue damages in a wrongful death action must bring their claim within two years of their loved one’s date of death.
Exceptions could exist, so it’s crucial to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Texas to protect your legal rights to compensation.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With Our Beaumont Personal Injury Lawyers
Were you harmed by another party’s actions in Beaumont, TX? You may be able to file a personal injury claim and hold them accountable. The best way to determine whether you have a valid case is to speak with an experienced attorney regarding your accident and injuries.
Contact Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers today to learn more about our legal services and the benefits of creating an attorney-client relationship. We offer a free consultation and work on contingency, so there’s no risk or obligation if you want to explore your options.