The Woodlands Personal Injury Lawyer
Were you injured in an accident caused by another party’s careless or reckless conduct in The Woodlands, TX? If so, you might be able to hold them accountable for your losses, including medical bills, lost wages, pain, and emotional trauma.
Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you every step of the way. Our personal injury lawyers in The Woodlands have over 45 years of combined experience obtaining full financial recoveries for accident victims. We’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars in life-changing verdicts and settlements, and we’re prepared to fight for you.
Contact our law office for a free consultation to discuss your accident, injuries, and potential options for compensation. You can reach us 24/7 by calling (713) 500-5000 or completing an online case evaluation form.
How Can Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers Help You After an Accident in The Woodlands, TX?
You likely have many questions if you’re dealing with injuries after an accident in The Woodlands, Texas. What should you do first? How do you prove your case? What if you’re being unfairly blamed for the accident?
Our personal injury attorneys near The Woodlands are here to answer your questions and handle the entirety of your case. We’ll put our skills and resources to work for you to get the best possible outcome.
When you hire the legal team at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers for assistance after an accident, you can expect us to:
- Investigate what happened and identify the responsible parties
- Research, gather evidence, and consult experts to build a strong case
- Timely file all claims, documentation, and court documents
- Negotiate for fair compensation with insurance companies and other defendants
- File a formal personal injury lawsuit and represent you in court if we fail to settle
To learn how we can help you after an accident in The Woodlands, contact our law firm for a free initial consultation.
We Handle All Personal Injury Cases in The Woodlands, Texas
The attorneys at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers can help you no matter what type of accident or incident you’ve been involved in.
Here are some of our personal injury practice areas:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bus accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability
- Product liability (accidents involving defective products)
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Child injuries
- Wrongful death
We can help if you’ve suffered injuries in any of these or other types of accidents in The Woodlands.
How to Get to Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers From The Woodlands, TX
Our personal injury law firm’s main office is located just a short drive away from The Woodlands at the following address:
3120 Southwest Freeway, Suite 350
Houston, Texas 77098
Public Transport Directions
Common Accident Injuries Sustained By Victims in The Woodlands
The severity and type of injuries a victim suffers depend on the person’s health and age, the type of accident, and other factors.
Our law firm has handled personal injury cases involving all types of injuries, including but not limited to:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Chest injuries
- Eye injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal organ injuries
- Nerve damage
- Fractures and broken bones
- Road rash
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Respiratory illnesses
- Occupational diseases and illnesses
- Crushing injuries
- Anesthesia injuries
- Birth injuries
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other catastrophic injuries
Contact us to discuss your injuries and their impact on your life and well-being. We’ll help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth in The Woodlands?
The value of your case will depend on the type of accident you experienced and many other factors. No two cases are exactly the same, meaning we must evaluate your situation and make fact-based determinations.
The following factors could affect how much your Texas case is worth:
- The severity of your injuries and whether they result in permanent disability or impairment
- Your medical costs, out-of-pocket expenses, and other monetary losses
- The pain and suffering you’ve endured and whether your quality of life has been impacted
- Whether you contributed to the accident (and your percentage of fault)
- Whether your injuries prevent you from working or reduce your earning potential
- Whether you mitigated your damages
- The defendant’s willingness to negotiate in good faith
Our experienced legal advocates know how to identify, calculate, and prove damages in a personal injury case.
What Compensation Can I Recover After My Accident in The Woodlands?
Accident victims in The Woodlands can usually seek compensation for the full extent of their harm, including financial and personal losses.
Economic damages might include:
- Past medical expenses, such as hospital stays, doctor’s visits, and treatment
- Anticipated medical costs, such as pain management and therapy
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost income and job benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are more challenging to prove and might include:
- Reduced quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability, impairment, scarring, or disfigurement
- Loss of companionship
In rare cases, punitive damages (also known as exemplary damages) may be awarded to penalize the defendant for malicious or grossly negligent conduct.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Partially To Blame for My Accident in The Woodlands?
Whether you can recover compensation depends on your allocated percentage of fault. Texas law follows a modified comparative negligence standard with a 51% bar to financial recovery. If your fault exceeds 50%, you’re precluded from receiving compensation.
As long as your portion of responsibility is 50% or less, you’ll be entitled to compensation. However, it’ll be reduced to account for your assigned blame. For example, if you are 40% responsible for the accident, you’ll only be entitled to 60% of your damages.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Texas?
Most personal injury victims in The Woodlands have two years to file a claim. You have until the second anniversary of your injury date to take legal action. If you’re filing a wrongful death claim after losing a loved one in a fatal accident, you have two years from their date of death to file.
Exceptions may exist. It’s essential to understand and monitor the statute of limitations that applies to your case. If you miss the deadline, you’ll lose the legal right to hold the at-fault party responsible.
How Do I Prove Negligence in a Texas Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Most accidents are due to someone’s negligent actions – meaning they’re typically avoidable if the at-fault party had exercised reasonable care.
As the plaintiff in a personal injury case, you have the burden of proving the four elements of negligence:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care. This usually arises by custom or law. For example, motorists owe people sharing the road a duty to follow traffic regulations and drive carefully to avoid injuring others.
- The defendant breached their duty of care. Would a reasonably prudent person have acted differently under the circumstances? For example, a reasonable person wouldn’t drive drunk or text while driving because these behaviors endanger others.
- The defendant’s conduct directly caused your injury. Would you have been injured if the defendant hadn’t breached their duty of care?
- You sustained damages, which might include economic and non-economic losses.
Proving negligence requires evidence, which will depend on the type of accident your personal injury case is based on.
Common types of evidence used in personal injury cases include:
- Accident reports
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
- Eyewitness statements
- Expert witness testimony
- Medical records
- Cell phone records
- Employment records
- Physical evidence from the accident
An experienced accident attorney in The Woodlands will know what kind of evidence to collect to prove your case.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost in The Woodlands?
Most accident lawyers in The Woodlands and throughout Texas work on a contingency fee basis. Under this arrangement, you will not owe any upfront costs to hire an attorney – and your attorney will only get paid if they secure a favorable result for you.
Your lawyer will take a pre-agreed-upon portion of your awarded settlement or verdict at the end of your case. The percentage is typically between 33-40% and will depend on various factors, including how long your case takes to resolve, its complexity, and whether it goes to trial.
If your attorney doesn’t recover any money for you, you won’t owe them fees. A contingency fee agreement allows you to retain experienced legal counsel even if you cannot afford it.
Contact Our The Woodlands Personal Injury Attorneys for a Free Consultation
If you were injured in an accident in The Woodlands, TX, you might have legal options for compensation, including an insurance claim and/or personal injury case. A The Woodlands personal injury lawyer at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help.
Contact our law office today for a free case assessment to learn more about creating an attorney-client relationship after an accident in Texas.
Find out more about our office location. We serve in all cities near Houston metropolitan area, including: