Houston Ladder Accident Lawyer
Working in Houston, Texas, can be dangerous. Many hazards can cause severe injuries and deaths, including ladder accidents and construction accident falls. Scaffolding and ladder accidents account for many injuries each year.
The Houston ladder accident lawyers of Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers handle all types of workers’ compensation cases. Attorney Brian White is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. Our lawyers have over 45 years of experience helping injured workers with claims.
Contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation with one of our Houston personal injury attorneys at (713) 500-5000. If you were injured on the job, you could be entitled to substantial compensation for damages.
How Our Houston Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Help With Ladder Accident Cases
Experience counts when you are fighting insurance companies, negligent employers, and third parties for fair compensation for accident injuries. Our Houston workers’ compensation lawyers at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers have the experience, skills, resources, and knowledge required to pursue ladder accident claims.
When you hire our workplace injury lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Investigate how your injury occurred to identify the parties responsible for your damages
- Gather evidence proving you are entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages
- File insurance claims and personal injury claims seeking maximum compensation for damages
- Consult with industry experts, medical experts, and financial experts as necessary
- Aggressively advocate for your best interests through settlement negotiation and during a trial
Our ladder accident lawyer in Houston, TX, works to maximize the amount of money you put in your pocket after a job-related injury. Call now for a free case evaluation from an experienced Houston ladder accident attorney.
Ladder Accidents Are Common in the Construction Industry
Roughly 65% of construction workers use some type of scaffolding or ladder to do their jobs. The CDC estimates that 20% of work-related falls involve ladders. About 81% of the construction workers treated in hospitals for work-related falls involved a ladder.
Falls continue to be one of the leading causes of unintentional death in the United States. Over a decade, 43% of fatalities from falls involved a ladder.
Determining Liability for Houston Ladder Accidents
Texas workers’ compensation covers most work-related accidents. However, construction companies, property owners, general contractors, ladder and scaffolding manufacturers, and other parties could be financially liable for a worker’s injuries in a negligence case.
Determining liability for a ladder accident can be complicated. However, if a third party or your employer is liable for damages, you could receive more compensation than provided by workers’ compensation.
Damages available in a personal injury claim for ladder accidents include:
- Medical bills, nursing care, and personal care
- Lost wages, reductions in earning potential, and loss of benefits
- Pain and suffering caused by physical injuries, mental anguish, and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of and quality of life
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
It is always a good idea to consult a Houston ladder accident lawyer to determine if you have a personal injury claim in addition to your workers’ compensation claim.
Common Causes of Ladder Accidents in Texas
Many ladder accidents are avoidable. They are caused by mistakes and negligence. Examples of causes of ladder accidents include:
- Failing to check the ladder before each use for damages
- Using the incorrect ladder for a job
- Faulty design and/or manufacturing defects
- Using the incorrect size ladder for the job
- Exceeding a ladder’s maximum weight load
- Not securing the ladder on a firm, level surface
- Inadequate training in ladder safety, setup, and fall prevention
- Failing to use personal fall arrest systems (PFAS)
- Failing to tie off to an anchor
- Using ladders for unintended purposes
- Lack of qualified supervision
When workers fall from ladders, the fall may result in catastrophic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and broken bones. A worker may be paralyzed or sustain permanent brain damage. Ladder accidents could also cause electrocution and electrical injuries if the ladder comes into contact with a live current.
What is the Deadline for Filing Ladder Accident Claims in Houston, TX?
The deadline for filing a claim depends on the type of claim you file. The general statute of limitations for personal injury cases is two years from the injury date, including wrongful death claims. However, there are exceptions.
Workers’ compensation claims must be filed within one year from the date of injury. However, workers must file injury reports within 30 days of the injury.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Houston Ladder Accident Lawyers
Ladder accidents can result in significant medical expenses, lost wages, and other types of damages. Your pain and suffering can be overwhelming. We are here to help.
Please reach out to a member of our legal team online or by phone. Our Houston ladder accident lawyers want to help you get the compensation you deserve for ladder accident injuries. Schedule your free case review to learn more about how we can help you.