Home Depot Accidents in Houston, TX
Were you injured while visiting a Home Depot in Houston, TX? You may be entitled to compensation, whether you were hit by falling merchandise, fell due to a hazardous condition, or were otherwise hurt due to negligence.
Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help after a Home Depot accident. Our Houston personal injury attorneys will prove your premises liability claim and get the results you deserve. With over 45 years of combined experience, our experienced lawyers know how to build strong cases and win.
Table of Contents
How Can a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer Help After a Home Depot Accident?
With over 180 Home Depot stores, Texas has the second-highest number of locations in the nation. Customers can buy everything from home decor and appliances to tools and building materials. That means a wide array of people visit these stores, including homeowners, workers, and DIYers.
Unfortunately, accidents are common in these popular home improvement stores, which have vast networks of attorneys fighting claims. You’ll need an experienced Houston premises liability attorney on your side to level the playing field and put yourself in the best position to recover fair compensation.
If you hire Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers after a Home Depot incident, we’ll:
- Evaluate the cause of your accident and whether the location has had safety violations or complaints in the past
- Collect evidence – including surveillance, medical records, eyewitness statements, and more – proving liability
- Build your case and prove your damages
- Negotiate with store officials, defense attorneys, and insurance companies on your behalf
- Take your case to court if we do not reach a fair settlement
Dealing with a large retail corporation and its team by yourself isn’t recommended. Benefit from our law firm’s resources, knowledge of relevant laws, and experience. Contact our dedicated and skilled personal injury lawyers in Houston to get the assistance you need.
What Can Cause a Home Depot Accident?
Home Depot stores are inherently dangerous. They are filled with heavy merchandise and often contain cluttered aisles. Additionally, workers frequently operate forklifts around customers, which can cause catastrophic accidents.
That’s why store owners, managers, and property owners must take reasonable precautions to keep customers safe. That includes property inspections and maintenance and adequate employee training.
Some potential hazards that can lead to accidents in a Home Depot include:
- Improper or high stacking, leading to falling merchandise
- Unstable shelves
- Forklift accidents
- Cluttered aisles, leading to trip and fall accidents
- Slick or wet floors, leading to slip and fall accidents
- Failure to place barricades or signs warning of dangers
- Parking lot accidents from broken sidewalks and other defects
These conditions can cause various injuries, including broken bones, brain injuries, soft tissue injuries, and spinal cord damage. You should be compensated if the store’s negligence caused your harm.
How Do I Prove Liability in a Home Depot Accident Case in Houston?
Under Texas premises liability law, property owners and those responsible for maintaining premises must take reasonable measures to keep lawful visitors safe. When they fail to uphold their obligations and someone gets hurt on their property, they can be held liable for the victim’s damages.
- Home Depot owed you a duty of care. As a customer, you’re considered an invitee, meaning the store owes you certain duties.
- Home Depot’s manager or owner either failed to regularly inspect the premises for hazards or failed to warn of a known risk they couldn’t fix right away. This constitutes a breach of duty.
- The breach of duty directly caused your Home Depot accident.
- You sustained damages.
You should consult our experienced personal injury attorneys in Houston as soon as possible after your Home Depot accident. We’ll request surveillance footage quickly before it can be deleted. The sooner we start gathering evidence, the stronger your case will be.
What Compensation Can I Pursue After an Accident At Home Depot in Houston, Texas?
You can potentially recover compensation for your economic and non-economic damages after a Houston Home Depot accident. That means you can be reimbursed for any expenses you incur and receive a monetary award for your physical and emotional pain.
Damages recoverable after a Texas Home Depot accident may include:
- Past medical bills
- Future medical expenses for ongoing healthcare needs
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent impairment
- Lost wages and job benefits
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
We’ll work to identify and calculate the full value of your personal injury claim.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Home Depot Accident in Texas?
The Texas statute of limitations gives most personal injury victims two years to file a premises liability lawsuit. That means you’ll need to file your claim within two years of the Home Depot accident (or date of death in the event of wrongful death) to recover compensation.
Otherwise, you’ll be barred from holding the store responsible for your injuries.
Contact Our Houston Premises Liability Lawyers for Help After an Accident At Home Depot
If you were injured in a Home Depot accident in Houston, Texas, reach out to Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers for immediate assistance. Going against a large corporation takes considerable time and resources, and we can handle it for you while you focus on your recovery.
Contact our law firm today for a free consultation with an experienced Houston personal injury lawyer.