Houston Apartment Fire Lawyer
Apartment fires are devastating for all parties impacted by the fire. The fires can cause catastrophic property damage to personal property and buildings. Therefore, the building owners and the renters incur substantial financial damages.
However, apartment fires also cause severe injuries and wrongful death. Fires can cause overwhelming emotional distress and mental anguish. If you are a victim of an apartment fire, you deserve compensation for damages from the parties responsible for the cause of the fire.
Our Houston apartment fire lawyers at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers will work with you to file claims and protect your right to compensation for all damages. Attorney Brian White is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, so he is well-equipped to fight for you and take your case to trial, if necessary.
Contact our law office to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Houston premises liability lawyer at (713) 224-4878. We are here to help you as you rebuild your life after a house fire in Houston, TX.
How Our Houston Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You After an Apartment Fire
Our lawyers have over 45 years of experience working with premises liability claims and personal injury claims. The building owner, landlord, and insurance company have extensive resources to fight your claim. Hiring Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your claim gives you the resources necessary to fight back.
When you hire our award-winning premises liability attorneys, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cause of the apartment fire to determine who is liable for your damages
- Monitor the fire investigation by the Houston fire department and other agencies
- Verify insurance coverage and file fire damage claims with the appropriate insurance companies
- Document your damages to calculate the correct value of your claim
- Work with experts regarding structure fires and damage when necessary
- Negotiate settlement agreements
- File a lawsuit and argue your case in court if the other parties refuse to agree to a fair settlement amount
We understand that you and your family members have been through a frightening and emotional experience. Our legal team handles all matters related to your insurance claim and personal injury lawsuit so that you can focus on rebuilding your life after an apartment fire or explosion.
Contact our office to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our premises liability lawyers in Houston.
What are Common Causes of Apartment Fires in Houston, Texas?
An apartment fire usually happens without warning. Unfortunately, household fires are common in the United States.
The fire may be intentionally set (arson), or the fire may start because of negligence or carelessness. The fire department and other agencies investigate the cause of the fire, which often results in exposing the parties who caused the fire.
Common causes of household fires in Houston include:
- Heating sources, including portable electric and gas heaters
- Cooking and kitchen accidents
- Gas and electrical appliances
- Faulty wiring and exposed wires
- Open flames, including fireplaces and unattended candles
- Defective and unsafe products
- Electrical malfunction
- Violations of federal, state, and local building codes
Tragically, injuries and wrongful deaths from apartment fires may be avoided if safety measures are in place before the fire. For example, installing and maintaining a sprinkler system, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, and fire alarms can reduce the risk of fire deaths and injuries. Furthermore, ensuring that occupants have clear paths to exit the building and working emergency lights in case of fire is crucial.
Common Injuries Caused by Apartment Fires in Houston
One of the most common causes of death in household fires is smoke inhalation. Smoke inhalation occurs when someone is trapped inside the building and dies from inhaling smoke before the fire reaches them.
Other common injuries that result from apartment fires include:
- Severe burns
- Lung damage
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Permanent nerve damage
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Brain damage
- Eye injuries, including diminished vision and blindness
- Hearing damage from explosions
- Broken bones and fractures from falling or jumping from a building
Victims of an apartment fire may also develop chronic and debilitating emotional disorders, including PTSD, anxiety, and depression. In addition to the physical and emotional injuries, many fire victims lose all of their personal belongings in an apartment fire.
Who is Responsible for Damages Caused by an Apartment Fire?
Premises liability and other laws hold negligent parties responsible for the financial and emotional damages caused by apartment fires. Potential parties that could be liable for your damages include landlords, building owners, product manufacturers, maintenance companies, inspectors, and anyone who intentionally starts the fire.
The types of damages you can receive when you file a fire claim depend on the facts of your case.
However, you could receive compensation for:
- The loss of personal property
- The cost of medical treatment
- Nursing and personal care
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of income and diminished earning potential
- Disabilities and permanent impairments
- Loss of enjoyment of life and quality of life
- Pain and suffering
Our Houston apartment fire attorneys at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers will file and handle claims with all insurance companies with liability coverage for the apartment.
We’ll also pursue the responsible parties by filing a lawsuit when necessary. Our legal team uses our considerable resources and experience to hold the parties responsible for your losses and pain liable for their actions.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Houston Personal Injury Lawyers
You deserve to be fully compensated for all damages caused by the fire, including economic and non-economic damages. Call our office to speak with a member of our legal team while you focus on recovering. Your initial consultation is free.