Personal Injury Lawyer in West University Place, TX
If you were involved in an accident in West University Place, TX and have been injured, you may be able to recover compensation.
At Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, our West University Place personal injury lawyers will do everything we can to get you the financial justice you deserve. Call our West University law office to consult with us at no charge.
How Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Accident in West University Place, TX
When you’re suffering from an unexpected injury after an accident in West University Place, the last thing you should have to do is navigate a legal claim.
With Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers in your corner, you don’t have to. Our West University Place personal injury lawyers will handle all aspects of your claim from start to finish, fighting to get you the money you need and deserve.
You can expect us to:
- Investigate your accident
- Work with experts as we determine causation, fault, and liability
- Gather critical evidence
- Handle negotiations with other parties and insurance companies
- Defend you if others attempt to shift blame your way
- Litigate your case in front of a jury, if necessary.
Our personal injury lawyers in Houston take the time to thoroughly understand the accident, your injury, and your legal case. Contact us in Houston for a free consultation today.
What is West University Place, TX Like?
West University Place, TX, is a city located within the Houston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area. Nicknamed “The Neighborhood City,” West University Place is an enclave of upper-class families. As of the 2010 census, the city had nearly 15,000 residents across 26 subdivisions. Some of the more notable subdivisions are:
- Rice Court
- Colonial Terrace
- Sunset Terrace
From 1987 to 2002, nearly half of the residences were demolished and rebuilt, with some land lots selling for over a million dollars.
History of West University Place, TX
The origins of West University Place can be traced back to 1917, when it was first developed by Ben Hooper, the former governor of Tennessee. Formally incorporated as a city of Texas in 1924, West University Place was so named due to the fact that Rice University was located nearby.
During the planning phase of the city’s development, an English major from Rice University, Lillian Nicholson, was charged with naming the various streets and thoroughfares being constructed.
Given her background and interest, Nicholson elected to name many of the streets of West University Place after notable individuals from English literary history, leading to roads named after the likes of Chaucer and Shakespeare.
In the early days of West University Place, the city had relatively lax development rules, allowing for newer, more diverse architecture to be built throughout. As a result of these new rules, property values began to skyrocket, and the city became wealthier.
Now one of the most prime neighborhoods, West University Place is consistently highly-ranked on lists of most desirable places to live—not only in Texas but in the Southwest United States as a whole. It is often mentioned along with Rice Village, which is a mixed-use neighborhood named for nearby Rice University.
A number of interesting sights around the West University Place region include:
- The Color Factory: The Color Factory is an art exhibition based in Houston, Texas that celebrates all the joys of color. Suitable for children and adults alike, the Factory works with a variety of artists, designers, and illustrators to create an exhibition highlighting the impact of color.
- Hermann Park Conservancy: The Hermann Park Conservancy has dedicated itself since its founding in 1992 to maintain Hermann Park, a popular destination for many Houston residents. Over the past 30 years, the Conservancy has raised over $100 million to help restore Hermann Park to its former glory.
- Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park: Created in 1983 and owned by the city of Houston, the Waterwall Park is a public park consisting of a 64-foot fountain surrounded by 186 trees. The fountain recirculates over 11,000 gallons of water per minute. It has become a showcase piece for Uptown Houston and serves as a central hub for the area.
- Houston Zoo: The Houston Zoo, located in Hermann Park, is the second most visited zoo in the United States. Containing over 6,000 animals, this zoo is a perfect entertainment location for families in the Houston area.
- The Galleria: With 30 million visitors each year, The Galleria was modeled after a similar shopping mall in Milan, Italy. The Galleria is one of the largest shopping centers in Texas, with over 400 different stores, including Chanel and Louis Vuitton, as well as restaurants, high rise hotels, office buildings, ice rink, two swimming pools, and seven parking garages.
West University Place also boasts popular restaurants and bars. Some of the more notable include:
- Helen Greek Food and Wine
- Coppa Osteria
- Sweet Paris Creperie & Cafe
- Under the Volcano
- The Ginger Man
- Gorgeous Gael
- Kenny & Ziggy’s Deli
With plenty of draw, West University Place, TX, has attracted an educated crowd. As of 2011, it became the community with the highest percentage of adults with bachelor’s degrees in the Southern United States.
Personal Injuries We Handle in West University Place, TX
Unfortunately, a wonderful community like West University Place, TX, can still have accidents. That is why at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, we seek to get your life back to some semblance of normalcy.
Among the many types of personal injuries we handle in West University Place, TX, including:
- Truck accidents
- Car accidents, including those involving drunk and distracted drivers
- Uber accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
- And more
When you hire our skilled legal team, you get excellent representation and a record that speaks for itself.
What Compensation Can I Expect After an Accident in West University Place, TX?
You may be entitled to compensation if you have been injured in West University Place, TX. If so, we will be aggressive in pursuit of all award options available.
One form of compensation is economic, which refers to damages for financial costs associated with your injury. This could include medical bills, caretaker costs, and income opportunities no longer available to you.
The other type of compensation is non-economic and covers expenses that are less quantifiable because they are more personal. For example, we will fight for non-economic awards such as inability to move about, loss of the five senses, facial or bodily deformity, mental trauma, severed limbs, mental incapacitation, and humiliation.
Keep in mind that Texas is a “modified comparative negligence” state. This means that if you are more than 50% responsible for your injuries, then you may possibly recover nothing.
Call our West University Place personal injury lawyers now to confer with our team at no cost to you.
Statute of Limitations for West University Place Personal Injury Cases
The statute of limitations is the amount of time set by law within which you have to file a lawsuit. Texas requires that you file suit within two years from the injury date. Every day counts, so you should waste no time in calling our personal injury lawyers at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers. We can get the ball rolling for you.
Contact Our West University Place Personal Injury Lawyers Now
Were you recently injured in an accident in Houston or West University Place, TX? Call Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers for immediate assistance. Once we have examined your case and are confident we will win, our injury lawyers go to the mat for you.
Taking your case means there are no holds barred in recovering everything you deserve. Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers is a multi-skilled firm with lawyers who advocate with tenacity and integrity. Call our law office today for a free consultation.