If you have been injured in an accident in Houston and have suffered broken bones due to another’s negligence, you should be compensated for your trauma. The Houston broken bones lawyers at Brian White & Associates, P.C., understand the pain you are going through and will work tirelessly on your behalf to ensure you get everything you deserve. Our renowned personal injury law firm is focused on getting your life back to the way it was prior to your unfortunate injury.
We deal with a variety of cases in Houston involving broken bones. Contact our Houston law office to speak with our attorneys now.
How Brian White & Associates, P.C. Can Help After an Accident in Houston, TX
Experiencing a broken bones injury can be stressful and worrisome enough. You should not have to deal with the complexities of bringing a lawsuit against the negligent parties. Houston broken bones cases can be difficult and involve great attention to detail. There is no reason for you to fight alone to get what you deserve.
We are here to advocate for you. Hiring a Houston personal injury attorney can make a significant difference in terms of the compensation amount you are able to recover. An attorney can get the process started, while letting you rest and recover, waiting for your bones to mend.
At Brian White & Associates, P.C., our Houston broken bones attorneys fight for our clients. When we take your case, we relieve you from worrying about legal issues, knowing your case is in our capable hands.
From the moment you hire us, we stay with you every step of the way. These are just a few of the services our broken bones lawyers can provide:
- Help you understand your rights: Personal injury cases can be complex and a good lawyer can explain the many issues involved, including legal issues and jargon.
- Advise: Although our attorneys cannot make the decision for you, they can guide you and lay out your options. They can also talk through the situation with you and consider different angles as you decide how to move forward.
- Representation: While most personal injury cases settle prior to trial, our lawyers will be ready to take your case to court if that is what it will take to get you the justice you deserve. This is especially true in the event the insurance company denies your claim or refuses to extend a fair settlement offer.
- Interviewing: Our attorneys interview all key witnesses who may have information or who were present at the location of the accident.
- Research: We will investigate the facts of your case and research all applicable laws to ensure all avenues of recovery have been identified.
- Drafting and filing the complaint: The complaint is formal notice to the defending parties and informs them of the facts and reasoning for your lawsuit.
Our Houston accident lawyers will aggressively pursue justice on your behalf. We will research your case to consider the right strategy that will get you what you deserve for all that you are being forced to go through as a result of someone else’s negligence. They should pay, not you.
Contact our Houston law office to discuss the next steps. Your first consultation with us is free.
Types of Broken Bone Injuries
Often called “fractures,” broken bone injuries have the potential to alter your life in unexpected ways. Fractures are varied. These injuries can range from a hairline crack in the bone to the bone being broken into multiple parts that no longer align correctly.
When you break a bone, it often occurs at the same time as other injuries such as sprains, strains, or dislocations.
Fractures have a variety of names. These are the most common types that may occur:
- Greenstick: Incomplete fracture where the broken bone is not completely separated
- Transverse: Straight line break across the bone
- Spiral: Spiral break around the bone
- Oblique: Diagonal break
- Compression: The bone is crushed
- Comminuted fracture: Multiple break
- Segmental: The same bone is fractured in two places
- Compound fracture: There’s a break in the skin or an open wound near the fracture
Signs of a broken bone may include:
- A pop or snap at the time of the injury
- Open wound
- Decreased sensation
- Pain that gets worse with movement
- Swelling and bruising
- Limited mobility
- Dizziness or shock
You will need medical treatement to set, cast, or splint a broken bone to help the bone heal. Some fractures may even require surgery, which will require additional recovery and healing time.
Common Causes of Houston Broken Bones Injuries
Broken bones occur when the bone is unable to adequately absorb the force being applied. Breaks in bones can occur from anything that results in a kick or blow to the body. Accidents that often result in a broken bone:
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Slip and Fall
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Child-related Accidents
Whether you’ve been in a car crash or fell at work, recovery time for a fracture can vary from weeks to months depending on your age and health, as well as the type, location, and severity of the fracture. This is why you need a personal injury lawyer in Houston by your side. We will do all we can to get these and other expenses covered as part of your compensation.
Broken Bones Injury Statistics
Every year, there are approximately 6.8 million broken bones in the United States. The following stats may help you understand that you are not alone:
- Men are more likely than women to suffer a broken bone
- After the age of 45, however, women are at greater risk for broken bones
- In fact, after age 65, women become three times as likely as men to break a bone
- Prior to age 75, a broken wrist is the most common injury. After 75, the hip bone is most likely to be the bone that breaks in the event of an accident such as a slip and fall.
- The average person is likely to break about two bones over their lifetime
- The femur is not just the longest bone but also the strongest in the human body
The cost of medical treatment for a broken bone can be steep and a hospital stay for just a few days can run into the tens of thousands. If you do not have healthcare, you will be paying a bundle just to get the bone set.
This is why it is so important to hire a broken bones lawyer to help you recover costs and not have to pay out of your own pocket.
What Compensation Can I Expect After an Accident in Houston, TX?
At Brian White & Associates, P.C., we are dedicated to helping those who have been injured in Houston, TX, get their lives back to normal. That means we will leave no stone unturned in discovering all possible compensation you deserve. We seek both economic and non-economic compensation so you receive what you need to recover.
Economic compensation covers expenses related to financial losses like current medical bills, future medical expenses, physical therapy, and home care assistance.
Non-economic compensation covers costs you incur that are more personal in nature, such as embarrassment, scarring, loss of consortium, and mental stress.
As a modified comparative negligence state, Texas requires that, if you want to be compensated, you cannot be more than 50% responsible for the accident that resulted in your injury.
The accident has likely affected your life in ways you could not have imagined. You are experiencing physical pain and shock to your body, as well as mental and emotional stress. If someone else was negligent in causing your injury, it is unfair for you to be bearing the burden alone.
At Brian White & Associates, P.C., we know you are suffering as a result of your injury. Call our Houston broken bones lawyers now for a free consultation with our compassionate team.
Statute of Limitations for Houston Broken Bones Cases
In Texas, you must file your lawsuit within two years or you waive your right to do so. This is called the statute of limitations and refers to the amount of time within which you must move forward with your case. The sooner you get your case started, the sooner you will be on the path to recovery.
Contact Our Houston Broken Bones Lawyers Now
Qualified lawyers who are familiar with broken bones injuries can help you file your lawsuit so you can be on your way to receiving compensation. You have no time to lose. Count on us to handle your case with the utmost care. At Brian White & Associates, we treat you like family, and we are on your side.
Call our office today for a free consultation.