Corpus Christi Truck Accident Lawyer
Did you or a loved one suffer injuries in a car accident involving a large commercial truck in Corpus Christi, TX? If someone else was responsible, an experienced Corpus Christi truck accident lawyer at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight for compensation. You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
Our lawyers have recovered tens of millions of dollars on behalf of injured clients like you. We’re well-prepared to put over 45 years of combined experience to work for you.
Table of Contents
How Can Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers Help After a Trucking Accident in Corpus Christi?
At Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys believe that accident victims shouldn’t have to fight a profit-motivated insurance company for fair compensation. However, that’s exactly what usually happens.
Insurance companies use any number of tactics to convince victims to accept less money than they deserve. An experienced Corpus Christi personal injury lawyer can help you fight back.
Our team includes Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyers with a perfect-10.0 Avvo Rating. We’ve also been recognized with the Avvo Client’s Choice Award.
Hiring our lawyers means you’ll have an experienced advocate to:
- Investigate the circumstances of the accident
- Work closely with your doctor and other experts to assess your damages
- Calculate the fair value of your personal injury claim
- Protect you against any allegations that you share blame for the truck crash
- Determine who is ultimately responsible for paying your damages
- Handle all negotiations with the insurance companies
- Represent you in court if necessary to win a fair deal
Our lawyers have decades of experience helping crash victims like you. To learn more about how our Corpus Christi personal injury attorneys can help you get a fair settlement deal, call for a free consultation today.
How Common Are Truck Accidents in the State of Texas?
The trucking industry is critical to the Texas economy. The trucking industry supports at least 1.1 million jobs statewide and commercial vehicles move about $1.2 trillion worth of freight across the state.
It’s not entirely surprising that accidents involving large trucks are relatively common. During 2021, 25,925 accidents involving large semi-trucks and tractor-trailers were reported across the state of Texas. Unfortunately, 536 of those accidents were fatal. At least 3,352 injuries were reported.
How Much Money Can I Recover by Filing a Truck Accident Claim?
When we calculate the value of your personal injury claim, our lawyers will evaluate the unique facts and circumstances of your case.
Some issues that can have the strongest impact on your case value include:
- The severity of your injuries
- Whether you will recover fully or suffer a permanent impairment
- The cost of your medical care and the value of your lost wages
- How the injury will impact your future earning capacity
- Any lifestyle changes made necessary because of the injuries
- Damage to your quality of life and mental health
- Your physical pain and suffering
After an accident, it’s always important to have an experienced attorney review your case to make sure your insurance settlement reflects all of your damages. The insurance company knows you need money after an accident. They’ll often take advantage of that fact and offer a lowball settlement.
Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers can determine the true value of your personal injury case, considering both past and future losses. To learn more about our legal team, call for a free case review today.
What Types of Damages Are Available To Corpus Christi Truck Accident Victims?
The damages you recover in a personal injury case can make a world of difference to your future.
Our lawyers in Corpus Christi will help you fight to recover fair compensation for all of your losses, including:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Anxiety or depression
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
It can be difficult to put a value on your non-economic damages. Our lawyers often bring in experts who can help us assess your case value and prove the specific damages your accident caused.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Partially Responsible for a Truck Accident in Texas?
If you share fault for a truck accident in Texas, it’s possible that you could lose your right to compensation. Under Texas modified comparative negligence law, you can recover a portion of your settlement or verdict if your share of fault is less than 51%. Once your share of blame equals or exceeds 51%, you lose your right to seek compensation entirely.
Our Corpus Christi Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help You Seek Full Compensation for All of Your Injuries
Trucks in Texas often weigh as much as about 80,000 pounds. When these vehicles are involved in accidents, the damage to occupants in smaller passenger vehicles can be devastating.
At Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, we often represent accident victims who have suffered:
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
It’s important to remember that the insurance companies aren’t on your side. They’ll go to great lengths to avoid paying the fair compensation you deserve. To learn more about how our lawyers can help you after an injury, contact our Corpus Christi law firm for a free case evaluation today.
What Causes Most Accidents Involving Semi-Trucks and Big Rigs in Corpus Christi, Texas?
Truck drivers in Texas are required to obtain a commercial driver’s license. Because they spend so much time behind the wheel, they also have a lot of driving experience. Still, truck drivers are only human. They make mistakes and cause accidents like anyone else.
Some of the most common causes of truck accidents in Corpus Christi include:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving, often because of violation of FMCSA hours-of-service rules
- Failure to check blind spots
- Dangerous turns
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Failure to account for the truck’s longer stopping times
- Aggressive driving
- Dangerous lane changes
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Operating the truck while under the influence of drugs
- Failure to maintain the truck in safe condition
- Negligent hiring practices and inexperienced drivers
- Defective truck safety equipment
- Dangerous cargo
- Improperly secured cargo
Do you have questions about why your truck accident occurred? Our lawyers can help you determine who was responsible. Give us a quick call to schedule your free initial consultation to get started today.
How Do I Prove I’m Entitled To Compensation After a Truck Accident in Texas?
As the victim, it’s up to you to prove liability. While accident reports can be helpful, they aren’t always conclusive. An experienced Corpus Christi truck accident attorney can help you prove that someone else’s negligence caused your accident.
To prove negligence, you must establish:
- Someone owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached the duty of care
- The breach of duty was the direct and proximate cause of the crash
- You sustained damages as a result of the accident
Our lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation as we work to establish these elements.
Examples of the strong evidence that can be used to prove your case include:
- The truck driver’s hours-of-service logs
- Video surveillance footage
- The trucking company’s inspection and maintenance records
- Eyewitness statements
- Statements from accident reconstruction specialists and other experts
- Cell phone records
- Data from the crash scene
- The truck’s black box recording device, which records information about conditions at the time of the crash
This evidence will help us prove who is ultimately responsible for your damages. Even if the truck driver caused the accident, the trucking company may be responsible for your damages under Texas vicarious liability laws.
How Long Do I Have To File a Truck Accident Lawsuit in Texas?
The statute of limitations only gives truck accident victims a limited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit. After an accident, you have two years to take legal action. Once two years pass, you forever forfeit your right to seek compensation for your injuries.
It’s also possible that a different deadline could apply, depending on the facts. If you were injured in an accident, contact our lawyers for a free consultation right away. We can help you determine the deadlines that apply in your commercial truck accident case.
Call an Experienced Corpus Christi Truck Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Serious truck accidents can leave victims struggling with life-altering injuries. If you were involved in a truck crash, contact an experienced Corpus Christi truck accident lawyer today. At Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, your initial consultation is always completely free of charge.