As Houstonians, we are used to the roads we drive on each and every day. We get into our cars, buckle our seatbelts, and head out. We are always on the go and always in a hurry. However, because of this on-the-go lifestyle, many of us have become complacent. We have become used to the busy streets, the unfortunate road rage, and the ignored speed limits. This has lead many of us to ignore the dangers on the roads and the deathly risks they pose.
The Deadliest Roads In Houston
The following are the deadliest roads in Houston during the year of 2018. Many of these roads are driven by us and our loved ones on a daily basis.
- Interstate 45 – 27 deaths
- Interstate 10 – 11 deaths
- Interstate 610 – 10 deaths
- U.S. Route 59 – 9 deaths
- Airline Road – 6 deaths
- Texas State Highway Beltway 8 – 6 deaths
- Telephone Road – 5 deaths
- Westheimer Road – 5 deaths
- Interstate 69 – 4 deaths
- Martin Luther King Boulevard – 4 deaths
- South Sam Houston Parkway – 3 deaths
- Almeda Road – 3 deaths
- Main Street – 3 deaths
- North Shepherd Drive – 3 deaths
- West TC Jester Boulevard – 3 deaths
- Fondren Road – 3 deaths
Why Are Houston Roads So Deadly?
Houston roads have been considered to be one of the most deadliest roads in the country for drivers, passengers, and pedestrians in the path of the two-ton metal tanks. In 2018, over 3,600 people were killed on Texas roadways. Houston accounted for approximately 200 of those deaths. However, there are reasons these fatal crashes occur.
The Main Causes for Fatal Crashes In Houston and The State of Texas
- Speed: It is no surprise that speed is a top cause for deadly crashes. The blurs are seen everyday on Houston roads. The posted speed limit is often ignored. Drivers will see the 60 mph speed limit and continue their route at 90 mph.
- Drugs and Alcohol: Houston, being one of the four largest cities in Texas, carries some of the highest numbers for drug and alcohol related deadly crashes.
- Failure to Take Evasive Action: When drivers fail to properly brake or properly steer their car to avoid a crash, they are considered to have failed to take evasive action. This may occur when drivers are not paying attention to the roads. Many Houston drivers are either talking on their phone, texting, or looking elsewhere while driving. This can prevent them from taking evasive action to prevent a crash for occurring. Such failures often result in death.
Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
Often we cannot prevent these deadly car accidents from occurring. We cannot prevent what others do on the roads. At Attorney Brian White and Associates, we understand that losing a loved one is difficult. Nothing will bring back your loved one. But the lawyers at Attorney Brian White and Associates can help you put closure on these difficult times. Deadly crashes are one of our specialties. We will explain to you your rights, gather the evidence before it disappears, and fight for you.