Personal Injury Resources
- Do I Have to Pay Back My Health Insurance After an Accident?
- Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer If I’m Submitting a Claim to Insurance?
- Four Things to Look for When Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Handling A Car Accident Case With Amica
- Handling a Car Accident Case with Chubb
- How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help if You’re Being Blamed for an Accident
- How Do Doctors Bills Get Paid After An Accident?
- How to Handle a Car Accident Claim with Allstate
- How to Handle a Car Accident Claim with Farmers Insurance
- How to Handle a Car Accident Claim with Geico Insurance
- How To File a Car Accident Claim With Home State County Mutual Insurance
- How Long Does a Personal Injury Lawsuit Take to Settle?
- Personal Injury
- The Inside Scoop on How Insurance Companies Will Fight Your Personal Injury Claim
- Types of Damages Available in Personal Injury Cases
- Should I Accept a Settlement Offer from the Insurance Company?
- Should I Give a Recorded Statement To an Adjuster?
- Understanding the Statute of Limitations and Your Personal Injury Case
- What Are Non-Economic Damages in Texas?
- What Are Punitive Damages in Texas?
- What Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- What Happens If My Claim Wasn’t Enough?
- What Happens If the Insurance Company Underestimates the Cost to Repair My Car?
- What is Negligence?
- What Should I Do if Someone Sues Me After a Car Accident in Texas?
- Will My Personal Injury Case Go to Trial?
Houston, TX Resources
- Houston eGovernment Website – Here you can apply for a job, pay traffic tickets and pay water bills, find out about Houston events and the Mayor’s Office of Special Events, and learn about the City government that serves you.
- Citysearch Houston Site – Review and recommendations from Citysearch on everything Houston. From restaurants to shopping to nightlife.
- Houston Convention & Visitors Information – Tourism, events in Houston, special offers and more.
- Houston Wikipedia page – History and information about the city of Houston, Texas.
- Distraction.gov — The official US Government website for distracted driving
- National Safety Council — a nonprofit organization whose mission is to save lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities and on the road through leadership, research, education and advocacy.
- US Department of Transportation — Serve the United States by ensuring a fast, safe, efficient, accessible and convenient transportation system that meets our vital national interests and enhances the quality of life of the American people, today and into the future.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration — dedicated to achieving the highest standards of excellence in motor vehicle and highway safety. It works daily to help prevent crashes and their attendant costs, both human and financial.
Houston, TX Emergency Rooms
- St. Joseph Medical Center: Emergency Room – 1401 St Joseph Pkwy, Houston, TX 77002
- SignatureCare Emergency Center: Emergency Room – 3209 Montrose Blvd, Houston, TX 77006
- River Oaks Emergency Room – A Village Emergency Center – 2320 S Shepherd Dr, Houston, TX 77019
- Montrose 24 Hour ER – Houston – 1110 W Gray St Suite 101, Houston, TX 77019
- Memorial Heights Emergency Center – 4000 Washington Avenue, Suite 100, Houston, TX 77007
- Memorial Hermann Convenient Care Center in Greater Heights (Greater Heights CCC) – 1431 Studemont St, Houston, TX 77007
- Houston Methodist Emergency Care Center at Kirby – 2615 Southwest Fwy Suite 140, Houston, TX 77098
- The Woman’s Hospital of Texas Emergency Room – 7600 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77054
- Emergency Room at HCA Houston West – 12141 Richmond Ave, Houston, TX 77082
- The Heights Emergency Room – 24 Hour ER – 101 N Loop W #300, Houston, TX 77018
Houston, TX Auto Repair Shops
- Dent Dogs Inc – 3900 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77056
- JJ Auto Body – 340 Erin St, Houston, TX 77009
- Brookston Body Shop – 1330 N Durham Dr, Houston, TX 77008
- Dent Sharks – 5090 Richmond Ave Ste 179, Houston, TX 77056
- Ryan Automotive Glass & Collision Center – 716 Fairview St – Houston, TX 77006
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Houston, TX Accident Statistics
As the fourth-largest city in the United States – and the most populated city in the state of Texas – it’s no surprise that traffic accidents are incredibly common in Houston. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were 68,682 collisions reported during 2019 – a 6% increase over the number of crashes in 2018.
When you break that down, it means there are, on average, 188 car accidents in the city of Houston every single day.
Keep in mind, motor vehicle collisions aren’t the only cause of avoidable injury and death in Houston. Some of the most dangerous industries operate in or in close proximity to the city. Thousands of workers get hurt or die on the job every year. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), there were 56 workplace fatalities in the Houston metro area in the 21-month span between January 2017 and September 2018.