Brain Injuries From Car Accidents
A car crash in Houston, Texas, can result in numerous injuries, including brain injuries. A brain injury victim may sustain life-altering conditions that impact their ability to work, care for themselves, or return to regular routines.
The Houston brain injury lawyers of Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers understand how injury to the brain can disrupt a person’s life. We believe that you should receive fair compensation from the party responsible for the car accident.
Money will not undo the damage, but it provides funds for continued support and care as you continue to recover from your brain injury.
You can count on our lawyers to pursue every legal avenue available to recover your damages. Contact our Houston law office to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Houston car accident lawyer at (713) 500-5000.
Table of Contents
How Our Houston Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You With a Brain Injury Claim
Our lawyers at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers have over 45 years of collective experience handling personal injury cases in Houston, TX. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. We put our extensive experience, skills, and resources to work on your accident claim.
When you hire our traumatic brain injury lawyers to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Provide a detailed analysis of your case
- Investigate your auto accident for proof of the other party’s negligence
- Work with you and your physicians to document the extent of your damages
- Handle all communications and negotiations with insurance companies
- Hire expert witnesses to assist with your case, as necessary
- Monitor deadlines and file claims and lawsuits to protect your right to pursue compensation
The Texas statute of limitations sets strict deadlines for filing injury claims. Don’t miss out; contact our law firm now for your free consultation with a Houston brain injury lawyer.
How Common Are Brain Injuries From Car Accidents?
A blow to the head during a car accident can cause damage to brain cells, blood vessels, and brain tissue. The person may slam their head against a window, steering wheel, or another object.
In some cases, debris might slam into the person’s head, causing a penetrating head injury. The object can fracture the skull and enter the brain, causing damage to that side of the brain.
Severe whiplash or violent jerking motions can cause the brain to slam into the skull resulting in damage to a single area of the brain or multiple areas of the brain.
What Are the Consequences of Brain Injuries Caused by Car Accidents?
The part of the brain injured and the severity of the injury determines the consequences of brain injuries caused by car wrecks. Brain damage can cause long-term impairments and life-threatening conditions.
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can result in:
- Physical impairments, including loss of senses, movement, and bodily functions
- Cognitive impairments, including problems with memory, focus, concentration, speech, judgment, and thinking
- Developmental delays and permanent impairments in children
- Emotional effects, including depression, paranoia, changes in personality, aggression, and anxiety
Someone who suffers a brain injury may be unable to care for themselves. They may require long-term personal care or medical care. Even a mild TBI could result in long-term effects, including chronic headaches and other conditions.
Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury
Signs and symptoms of a brain injury can vary. However, common signs of a brain injury after a car accident include:
- Dizziness and/or lightheadedness
- Ringing in the ears
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Fatigue or lethargy
- Bad taste in the mouth
- Difficulty with attention, memory, thinking, or concentration
- Mood changes or changes in behavior
Immediate medical attention is recommended for any head injury. However, emergency medical treatment could be required to prevent death or permanent disability if the person experiences:
- Repeated bouts of nausea or vomiting
- Loss of consciousness
- Unable to wake up or difficulty waking up
- Slurred speech
- Seizures or convulsions
- Loss of coordination
- Increased agitation, confusion, or restlessness
A physician should evaluate children and adults after any car accident. The signs of a brain injury may be subtle or might not appear for several hours or days following the collision.
What Damages Can You Recover for a Brain Injury?
The party responsible for causing the car accident could be liable for damages including:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Future and ongoing medical care and personal care
- Reduced future earning potential
- Disabilities and impairments
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The value of your brain injury claim depends on the extent of your damages. It also depends on whether you could be partially at fault for the cause of the car accident.
Our lawyers at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers fight to obtain maximum value for your damages. You can help us accomplish this goal by contacting our office as soon as possible after a car accident.
The insurance company for the other driver may pressure you to accept a settlement offer. But, before you do, check with one of our Houston brain injury attorneys to ensure that you are receiving a fair amount for your damages.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Houston Brain Injury Lawyers
Our Houston brain injury attorneys can help you file a claim seeking compensation for your damages. Call our law firm today to schedule your free consultation to discuss how we can help you get the money you deserve.