Houston Moving Van Accident Attorney
Moving van accidents can cause traumatic injuries. Unfortunately, many of these vehicles are operated by individuals with no training in driving commercial vehicles or large trucks. A valid Texas driver’s license is typically all that is required to rent a moving van.
Our truck accident attorneys in Houston at Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers handle all types of accident claims, including crashes involving moving vans. With over 45 years of combined legal experience, our personal injury lawyers can help you recover compensation for damages. Attorney Brian White is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, so you can trust that you receive skilled legal representation for your case.
Contact our law firm at (713) 500-5000 to schedule your free consultation with an experienced Houston accident lawyer. We are here to help you as you continue to recover after a devastating traffic accident in Houston, TX.
How Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Moving Van Accident in Houston
Accident claims involving moving vans can be complex in Houston, Texas. They may involve multiple parties who share liability for damages. Fortunately, our Houston moving van accident lawyers can take care of all the legal aspects of your claim while you focus on your recovery.
When you hire Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cause of the moving van accident and identify the parties responsible for your damages
- Verify insurance coverage and file insurance claims
- Document damages and injuries to calculate the value of your injury claim
- Work with accident reconstructionists and other experts to strengthen your claim
- Monitor deadlines for filing claims and personal injury lawsuits
- Keep you updated on your case’s progress and discuss all settlement offers
- File a lawsuit and represent you in court to protect your best interests as necessary
Call our law office to schedule a free consultation and discuss your case with our experienced Houston truck accident attorneys.
Common Causes of Moving Van Accidents in Houston, TX
Moving van accidents happen for many reasons. Common factors that contribute to the cause of moving van crashes include:
- Distracted driving
- Inexperienced drivers
- Equipment failure and defects
- Drowsy driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Improper maintenance
- Drugged and drunk driving
- Illegal U-turns, improper lane changes, and other traffic infractions
- Backing up accidents
A driver who causes an accident can be held financially liable for the damages the accident causes. However, the moving van rental company could also be liable if improper maintenance or other negligence contributed to the cause of the crash. Therefore, a thorough investigation is required to identify all liable parties to maximize recovery.
Injuries Sustained in Houston Moving Van Accidents
Moving vans do not weigh as much as large trucks. However, they can weigh three to four times the weight of a passenger vehicle. Because of their size and weight, moving vans can cause more severe injuries than passenger vehicles.
Common injuries sustained in moving van crashes include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Injuries to internal organs
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Crushing injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
Recovering a settlement or jury award might not erase the suffering and damages caused by a moving van accident. However, a financial award can reimburse you for financial losses and compensate you for other damages.
What Types of Damages Can I Receive for a Houston Moving Van Accident Claim?
The damages you receive for an accident claim depend on the facts of your case. Examples of damages in an accident claim include:
- Medical bills, the costs of rehabilitation, and physical therapy
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Emotional distress
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of income and benefits
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent disabilities and impairments
- A decrease in quality of life
- Future lost wages and a decrease in earning capacity
Texas is an at-fault state for accident claims. You have the burden of proving that the other driver or another party is responsible for the accident. Therefore, you need evidence proving causation and fault.
Under Texas contributory fault laws, an accident victim could be liable for a portion of the damages if the victim contributed to the cause of the crash. In other words, if you are partially to blame for the moving van accident, you cannot receive full compensation for all damages. Instead, your compensation is reduced by your percentage of fault. And if your percentage of fault reaches 51% or more, you won’t be able to recover any compensation.
Talking with an insurance adjuster without legal counsel could hurt your case. Your statements might be intentionally misinterpreted to allege fault. It is best to avoid providing statements and answering questions until you talk with a Houston accident lawyer.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Houston Moving Van Attorneys
Are you ready to hold the people who caused your injuries liable for the damages you sustained? Please contact us online or by phone for a free case evaluation from one of our Houston moving van accident lawyers.