Houston Lost Load Truck Accident Lawyer
Commercial trucks haul numerous types of goods in Houston, TX. If loads are not secure, they can fall off during transit. Lost loads can result in devastating accidents and multi-vehicle crashes.
Attorney Brian White & Associates, P.C. can help with claims for lost load truck accidents and other commercial vehicle accidents. We fight for fair compensation against trucking companies and other liable parties. With over four decades of combined legal experience, we have the knowledge, skills, and resources to fight the trucking industry after your accident.
Table of Contents
Our Houston Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help After Your Lost Load Accident
An accident involving a semi-truck or tractor trailer often results in catastrophic injuries for accident victims. Lost load accidents can be particularly severe. The insurance company for the trucking company will do everything it can to avoid liability for your claim. Our truck accident lawyers in Houston, TX, won’t let them off the hook.
When you hire Attorney Brian White & Associates, P.C., you can expect us to:
- Investigate the truck collision to determine what caused the crash
- File insurance claims and handle settlement negotiations with the insurance company
- Gather evidence to prove that the trucking company and other parties are responsible for your damages
- Work with experts to prove fault and the extent of your damages
- File a lawsuit and pursue the claim in court if the other parties refuse to negotiate a fair settlement
Insurance companies and commercial trucking companies have unlimited resources to fight your claim. Our law firm has the resources to fight back. Call now for a free consultation with one of our Houston personal injury attorneys.
What Causes Cargo to Shift During Transport?
Cargo may shift on big rigs for numerous reasons. As the cargo shifts, the entire load or part of the load may fall off the truck.
Common reasons for lost loads include:
- Overloading a truck
- Defective straps, stakes, and tie-downs
- Worn equipment
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Using trucks that do not have the correct equipment to secure loads
- Poorly trained drivers
- Lack of proper training for loaders
- Improper maintenance
- Improper loading techniques
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has specific rules and safety regulations for cargo securement. When cargo is not loaded correctly, it may fall off and cause a car accident. Another vehicle may hit the cargo, or the cargo could crush other vehicles.
Who is Responsible for Trucking Crashes Caused by Lost Loads?
A truck driver and the trucking company are liable for the load on the truck. However, shippers could also be partially at fault for a lost load accident. Additionally, manufacturers may be liable if the equipment used to secure the load is faulty or defective.
Identifying the factors that led to the lost load truck crash is crucial. Only those parties can be held liable for your damages. You have the burden of proving negligence for a lost load truck accident.
Evidence that we may use to prove liability in a truck accident case include:
- Physical evidence from the accident site
- Information and evidence from expert witnesses and accident reconstructionists
- Videos of the accident from traffic cameras and surveillance cameras
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Tests conducted on safety equipment
- Truck logs and maintenance records
Our legal team works quickly to gather evidence. We place parties on notice to preserve evidence, including the trucking company and the shipper. We monitor accident investigations by government entities and work with our own experts to gather evidence to prove how the truck accident occurred.
Your time to file an injury claim for a lost load truck accident is limited by the Texas statute of limitations. Truck accident investigations can take months to complete. Therefore, contacting a Houston truck accident lawyer as soon as possible after a crash is highly recommended.
What Damages Could I Receive for a Lost Load Truck Accident in Houston?
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages and benefits
- Medical treatment and care
- Mental anguish and emotional suffering
- Reduced future earning potential
- Nursing and personal care
- Reduced quality of life and loss of enjoyment of life
The value of your damages depends on the severity of your injuries and your financial damages. If you sustained permanent impairments or disabilities, the value of your claim increases. You could receive compensation for your future medical bills, lost income, and personal care.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Houston Lost Load Truck Accident Lawyers
Do not allow an insurance provider or the trucking company to pressure you into settling your claim without legal counsel. It does not cost you anything to discuss your case with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Houston. Call now for your free, no-obligation case review.