Houston Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer
Garbage trucks operate throughout Houston, TX, daily. We need reliable garbage service to ensure our city is clean and our trash is disposed of efficiently and correctly. Unfortunately, garbage truck accidents can cause devastating injuries for accident victims.
The truck accident lawyers in Houston of Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers have over 45 years of legal experience handling personal injury cases.
Accidents involving garbage trucks can be complicated. However, as a Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, Attorney Brian White has the knowledge and experience to handle even the most complex accident case.
Contact our law office for a free consultation to discuss your case with an experienced Houston garbage truck accident lawyer at (713) 500-5000.
How Our Houston Personal Injury Lawyers Help You After an Accident With a Garbage Truck
Accidents involving garbage trucks could involve many parties, including government entities, contractors, businesses, and insurance providers. Each party has a strong incentive to fight your claim to avoid liability. In addition, they have resources that you do not have unless you hire a personal injury law firm to handle your case.
You benefit from our considerable resources and expertise when you hire Attorney Brian White Personal Injury Lawyers. You can expect us to:
- Initiate an independent investigation to determine how the garbage truck accident occurred
- Monitor investigations by law enforcement, government agencies, and other parties
- Identify the parties liable for your damages and confirm insurance coverage
- File insurance claims and handle all matters related to those claims
- Document your damages to calculate the value of your injury claim
- Work with expert witnesses, as necessary
- Negotiate a fair settlement amount for your personal injury claim
- File a lawsuit and advocate for you in court when the other parties refuse to negotiate in good faith
You deserve compensation for your injuries and damages when a negligent party causes your injury. Call us today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney in Houston, Texas.
Why Do Garbage Truck Accidents Happen in Houston, TX?
A garbage truck accident in Houston could occur for a variety of reasons. Several factors could cause a garbage truck accident, including driver error, poor road conditions, mechanical defects, equipment failure, and adverse weather conditions.
Many garbage truck accidents are caused by driver negligence. Drivers have a duty of care to check blind spots, follow traffic laws, and take reasonable steps to avoid accidents. Examples of driver negligence include:
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Operate a garbage truck under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Improper lane changes
- Drowsing or fatigued driving
- Turning too fast
- Improper backing up
- Distracted driving
- Running onto curbs and into objects and parked vehicles
The employer may also be negligent. For example, negligent hiring practices can contribute to the cause of a garbage truck accident. Failing to maintain and repair vehicles is another common reason for accidents involving garbage trucks.
Parties that could be liable for a garbage truck accident include:
- The garbage truck’s owner
- The business operating the garbage service
- The City of Houston, Harris County, and other government entities or agencies
- Other motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians
- Truck repair and maintenance facilities
- The truck’s manufacturer
- The garbage truck operator or driver
Sorting out liability for a garbage truck accident can be confusing, especially if it involves a government entity. Our legal team knows the steps to take to identify liable parties so we can file timely claims to protect your legal rights.
Common Injuries Caused by Garbage Trucks in Houston
A garbage truck can weigh up to 64,000 pounds. That amount of weight can cause devastating damage to a 5,000-pound passenger vehicle. A bicyclist or pedestrian has no protection in a collision with a garbage truck.
Therefore, injuries from garbage truck crashes often involve catastrophic injuries and life-threatening conditions. Injuries caused by garbage truck crashes include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Broken bones and fractures
- Damage to internal organs
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Crushing injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Internal bleeding
The damages caused by these injuries include economic damages, such as medical bills, out-of-pocket costs, and loss of income. A permanent disability could result in future medical bills and diminished earning capacity.
Furthermore, the injured party experiences pain and suffering caused by their injuries, trauma, and emotional distress. Non-economic damages also include decreased quality of life, disfigurement, and scarring.
What Should You Do After a Houston Garbage Truck Accident in Houston, Texas?
Call 911 to report the traffic accident and request emergency medical services. Police officers create an official accident report, and emergency responders treat injuries and transport victims to the hospital.
Seek immediate medical attention. Having detailed medical records to link your injuries to the crash is essential. If possible, take photographs of the accident scene and ask witnesses for their contact information.
You need immediate legal advice if a government entity could be liable for damages. Your time to file a claim against a government entity could be as short as a few months. Contact our law firm as soon as possible to talk with one of our Houston personal injury lawyers.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Houston Garbage Truck Accident Lawyers
Let’s get started with a claim to get you the money you need after a tragic accident caused by a garbage truck. Contact our law office to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Houston garbage truck accident lawyer.
We also cover:
- Cargo truck accidents (lost load, improperly loaded and oversize load accidents)
- Tow truck accidents
- Commercial work truck accidents
More truck resources: